• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How often does your TRSI order get damaged?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
If you contact TRSIs customer service they will replace a broken DVD case. They have done it for me. They didn't even want the broken one back.
manicli

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
If you contact TRSIs customer service they will replace a broken DVD case. They have done it for me. They didn't even want the broken one back.

Yeah I do and they're always really nice about it but I feel bad because so many cases got broken already Sad
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote
My order has been damaged twice, by the USPS, I'd guess. One of them wasn't too bad, but the other one...

The other one was the 3rd boxset of Utena. The actual boxset was crushed on one corner and 2 of the plastic sleeves for the DVDs were damaged, plus there was some water damage, but the actual DVDs were still okay.

I don't really have a collector's mentality when it comes to packaging, but I'm still pretty bummed about what happened. I've debated buying a new one, but so far I've haven't gone and done it.

The vast majority of my orders do come through unscathed. The Utena order was right during the Christmas rush (which is when it was released, and I had pre-ordered it), so that probably was a factor, too.

All-in-all, though, I'm happy with purchasing through TRSI and intend to continue doing so in the future.
EpicLotus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
TRSI has some pretty good packaging, especially for larger orders. It's one of the reasons I've continued to buy from them. I love their shipping boxes with the DVD-case-sized cardboard insert that protects the whole shebang from moving. Those keep art boxes really nice and purdy!

I had one of those flimsy Haruhi LE boxes show up pretty badly damaged. The whole thing was squished, the DVD was actually cracked, and I think the CD jewel case was pretty much shattered. I emailed them and they sent out a replacement really fast. Very prompt and courteous customer service Smile.
smashwagon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:39 am Reply with quote
Tuor, you should definitely contact TRSI. I had an edge crushed Utena box, and after a quick chat, they sent out an empty box in perfect shape.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote
edit

Last edited by Bright_Spear on Wed May 07, 2014 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote
I need to ask a question here: does the shipping box look damaged before you open it? If it does, you should take it, unopened, to the post office and ask for assistance as to why it's damaged.

TRSI adds a special piece into its shipments, if room allows, which helps prevent crushing, and if this piece should fail to do its job, then there's excessive stacking going on, and the PO should be notified.
GDFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote
I normally don't have any issues with my Rightstuf orders. But the one and only lithograph I ordered arrived damaged, due to inappropriate packaging. Of course it was quickly replaced, free of charge and no questions asked.

Also, I seem to have a lot of issues when I order NISA's LE titles. Two of the six I own were damaged. None of them were in what I would call good packaging. A couple of wraps of brown paper, stuffed into an oversized box. Not once was there enough packing materials to prevent the set from sliding around inside the shipping box. So even though the boxes weren't really damaged, the contents were.

Honestly, I get a little upset every time one arrives. It just seems like whoever packaged my orders didn't care. I'm expecting Bunny Drop to arrive today, hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

Of course their customer service is great. One was exchanged and they sent me a replacement box for the other one. I think it would make more sense to just package them better the first time.
manicli

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
GDFan wrote:
I think it would make more sense to just package them better the first time.

Yeah I would have to agree with you. Though my packages never come with spaces on the top and bottom to prevent squishing :O atleast 6 cases must've came broken already.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
The only damaged items that I have received were cracked cases on two CDs that I bought from the bargain bin. They must have been cracked before they were packed because some new empty cases were included in the boxes.
Other than that I have never had a damaged item. I have received some shipping boxes that were in bad shape, with crushed corners or large holes in the side, but the contents were always undamaged.

I have placed over 350 orders with Right Stuf. There must have been more than 500 shipments. I would not be surprised if it were closer to 1,000. Many of my orders have a lot of pre-order items, to take advantage of studio sales. Right Stuf does a lot of partial shipments and it is not unusual for one of my orders to have three or four different shipments.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I've been ordering from RightStuf for about 8 years, totaling somewhere around 300 items, and I've only ever had to return one item due to a slightly scratched disc.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I've been ordering for 6 years and have to replace 2 items, both in different orders. The fist was Darker Than Black season 1 because it got recalled over screwed up audio issues (That was Funi's fault not rightstuf's). The second was one of the Eden of the East movies, where the hinged piece inside had busted off, probably due to rough USPS handling. Otherwise, I've had a crap ton of other orders that went smoothly with no problem.

The distance the packages has to travel is compartively short for me though, only across one state, so that probably also equals less time and opportunity for it to get smashed around too.

If you are having trouble with lots of damaged orders:
*Try including the fact that you want them to pack the order better and more securely in the Notes section. Isn't that sort of thing what that text box on the shipping page is for? It's worth a try, no?
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
GDFan wrote:

Honestly, I get a little upset every time one arrives. It just seems like whoever packaged my orders didn't care. I'm expecting Bunny Drop to arrive today, hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

Of course their customer service is great. One was exchanged and they sent me a replacement box for the other one. I think it would make more sense to just package them better the first time.

Drop me a note with your contact information. I'll add a note to your account for you and have a look at who has been packing your orders. Thanks.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote
manicli wrote:
GDFan wrote:

Yeah I would have to agree with you. Though my packages never come with spaces on the top and bottom to prevent squishing :O atleast 6 cases must've came broken already.

If you could also do the same for me, I'll have a look. Certainly we want your packages all to arrive perfectly.

Vendors continue to use cheaper and cheaper cases. We've noticed a lot more loose disc shipments incoming these days. We've tried to explain that saving a couple of cents doesn't offset the extra discs that have to be replaced or tossed.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:39 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
manicli wrote:
GDFan wrote:

If you could also do the same for me, I'll have a look. Certainly we want your packages all to arrive perfectly.

Vendors continue to use cheaper and cheaper cases. We've noticed a lot more loose disc shipments incoming these days. We've tried to explain that saving a couple of cents doesn't offset the extra discs that have to be replaced or tossed.

On your website, you should have something set up so you can buy empty DVD cases. You can bulk order them from Sleeve Town. That would be a way for people to easily order replacement cases without having to search the net for them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4