• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Crunchyroll Streams Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) Korean Dramas: General Hospital 2, I R

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I've really wanted to watch Jumong but the DVDs were always just a little more expensive than I wanted to pay.
poonk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Ah, so this is why I Really Really Like You fansubs disappeared from the usual places last year... I tried watching it when it first aired and ended up stalling at ep08... for like 3 years. I'm slowly picking it up again. It's not the greatest K-drama out there, especially considering it's a whopping 34 episodes (usual K-drama length is about 16 episodes). Even longer series that I loved, once they go too far beyond the usual 16 episodes they seem to be stretching it around episode 20 or so; so I'm not sure how this somewhat mediocre one is going to fare at twice the normal length. But hey, it stars Lee Min Ki (okay, Lee Min Gi, if you will) and that's reason enough for me to continue for now, although it's not high priority viewing. Interesting, though, to see that Crunchyroll is streaming dramas too-- have they always done that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
babbo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:16 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Ah, so this is why I Really Really Like You fansubs disappeared from the usual places last year... I tried watching it when it first aired and ended up stalling at ep08... for like 3 years. I'm slowly picking it up again. It's not the greatest K-drama out there, especially considering it's a whopping 34 episodes (usual K-drama length is about 16 episodes). Even longer series that I loved, once they go too far beyond the usual 16 episodes they seem to be stretching it around episode 20 or so; so I'm not sure how this somewhat mediocre one is going to fare at twice the normal length. But hey, it stars Lee Min Ki (okay, Lee Min Gi, if you will) and that's reason enough for me to continue for now, although it's not high priority viewing. Interesting, though, to see that Crunchyroll is streaming dramas too-- have they always done that?

They used to have a boatload of them before they went legit. I'd guess they were pretty comparable to anime in the amount of people they drew in. This is pretty old news too. They posted this up crunchyroll before they announced the reborn simulcast even o,o;;
Sentire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I missed the dramas that I used to watch on Asian TV before they stopped broadcasting. I'm glad Crunchyroll streams these dramas... I started to view "Spotlight" and I'm getting my old fix back. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1