• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hellsing Ultimate's Tokyo Anime Fair Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:18 am Reply with quote
Why do I think that was a ref to "In A.D. 2101 war was beginning". Hirano is enough of a nerd.

Plus, off that other link, i finally saw the older trailer.
http://blog.affenheimtheater.de/en/2008/12/28/hellsing-ultimate-ova-6-trailer-von-der-comiket/
Is it just me or did it end in an Obama parody? WTF?! Hellsing is so .. wacky?
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
i can't even get the thing to work. it keeps crashing for some reason.

The same thing happens with me, but considering my negative stance on certain aspects of Hellsing I suppose it's for the best.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JINROH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:21 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
I'm not sure what's going on with Geneon and FUNimation concerning the release of Volume 5 but I hope something gets announced soon. They need to get the release of this OVA done while the New Generation cast is still available. I would hate to see this OVA dropped because Geneon can't do anything anymore.

Geneon still values this OVA greatly so the fact that there isn't any announcement about the 5th volume is not only perplexing, it's worrying. Sad

If,if....Funi wants more of my money then they need to get on the ball,this is nuts.

I bought/pre ordered all of the first four volumes at MSRP from Right Stuf and all were the SE's at that ! Love those steelcases !
No_Life_Queen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Did they post a release date for the OVA?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
No_Life_Queen wrote:
Did they post a release date for the OVA?

No. However, the Japanese language version of the tenth and final volume in the manga ships March 27. I went ahead and pre-ordered mine at my local Japanese bookstore. You can probably also order it at Amazon Japan.
Baskerville

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote
CorbeauKarasu wrote:

i can hardly wait. anyone want to make an unsupported yet educated guess as to the English release date of Volume V...just to put our minds at ease?

Well considering how it took 7 months for the U.S. release of OVA 4 from it's Japanese release, I'm guessing the English release date for OVA 5 will be some time in June.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:44 am Reply with quote
About time we heard something about the hellsing OVA's. Hopefully new generation is still doing the dub version for 5 and 6.

Also i wonder if they'll try to have an anime version of it's prequel???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Baskerville

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
Same here, I really hope Hirano decides to animate The Dawn into an OVA (if he ever finishes the manga, that is Mad ). In the meantime, I guess we'll just have to make do with the awesome Dawn clips in the OVA credits.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Also i wonder if they'll try to have an anime version of it's prequel???

Baskerville wrote:
Same here, I really hope Hirano decides to animate The Dawn into an OVA (if he ever finishes the manga, that is Mad ). In the meantime, I guess we'll just have to make do with the awesome Dawn clips in the OVA credits.

One of the things I heard earlier is that The Dawn was going to be covered as an episode in the OVA series. But if Hirano isn't working on it in a progressive manner, then that may not happen. So far he hasn't gotten far enough where it's had enough chapters to become a manga volume. And he's starting on his new series in June.
Baskerville

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:16 am Reply with quote
Yah that's the good and bad thing about his new manga series. Good that he's starting something new, bad that he won't be finishing The Dawn any time soon...definitely not this year anyway.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:32 am Reply with quote
I'll bet as soon as they get the cast back together for 5, it will be a relatively short turn-around for 6. If 5 comes out in the USA in June, then 6 will probably be out in October.
Baskerville

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Good news everyone! The release date for OVA 6 in Japan is 7/24/09! (Barring the inevitable delay, of course).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2