• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animax Asia to Run 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist in Same Week as Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drdr48

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:42 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
drdr48 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
It's strange they would subtitle it "Brotherhood", since I always found that theme to be stronger in the first series than in the manga, which the second series will stay closer to.

Still looking forward to it, though.

although... you know... we never really got an actual confirmation that this new anima really going to stay closer to the manga. so... yes, father is there and the new characters design is more faithful to the manga, but we didn't get any actual approval for that and Personally i don't think it will be. why? because this new anima supposed to be "only" 51 episode long and there is no way it could contain all of the things from the manga in it.

For all we know, BONES will adopt the first half of the manga in this season, then finish the manga with a second season. Granted, it'll be the first time BONES has ever done a second season, but if there's one to start with, it would be FMA.

...but we dont know. and i dont think that BONES are going to make a season two even for FMA. maybe it's gust a remake with some more elements from the manga than the original series.
cnav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quote
well i guess i agree with doctordoom...it makes sense too
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
I'm not finding any coherent language to express my reaction to this, so I'll just say: impressive.

Same here. With any luck this impressive simul-cast will deter at least some fansubbers.
cnav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quote
cnav wrote:

I think I love you. btw, is there any chance ANN can post an official link to this preview or is that not an option?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:04 am Reply with quote
WHY NOT ONLINE ON CRUNCHYROLL OR FUNIMATION.COM? Crying or Very sad
Altorrin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quote
What Tsukasa^^ said. TT-TT Although, seeing that I’m from the U.S., I have little to complain about. At least I get to SEE streams—that is, at least I’m not subject to Youtube Region Lock.

*sigh* This just makes me feel sadder. I really hope Crunchyroll will be nice and stream it for us. Please...?
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty awesome news, I just hope it's the start of a trend - time to start living up to their example, Funi!

And that is a pretty awesome trailer, I can't wait to see it hosted on the official site - we know it's out there, so just give us a high quality version already! Razz Isaac does look to be fairly badass, though. He might even play a somewhat significant role, as opposed to just being a character they use to change things up a little bit. A little hard to tell when all you see him in is action scenes, though.

And it also seems a bit weird to me that they're calling it "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood," but I guess I'll have to wait and see how the show interprets the manga to better judge that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drdr48

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quote
cnav wrote:

WOW. why is Ed so ugly? Confused

Last edited by drdr48 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
drdr48

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:51 pm Reply with quote
cnav wrote:
well i guess i agree with doctordoom...it makes sense too

but it doesn't. BONES never did a season two for their shows and i dont think they will ever do.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
while Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood will have English and Chinese subtitles

At the same time? O.o
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I can hardly wait for a TV quality version of that commercial.

Not only do I spot Father, but the scene in the manga where Ed creates the spear and puts it right up to King Bradley to prove his worth. Both of those, and some of the action with the new characer Isaac has me excited. I'm thinking maybe the Isaac thing will be for a stand alone episode to simply show off what the new animation can do, and if that's the case, I'm fine with it.

Also, much D'AWWWing at Alphonse shielding Ed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Maruna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
I'm not finding any coherent language to express my reaction to this, so I'll just say: impressive.

Same here. With any luck this impressive simul-cast will deter at least some fansubbers.

Unfortunately, it's simply going to take the subtitling out. Groups are still going to nab the TV recordings, upscale the "Raw" and upload it for download in fansub-esque fashion.

Blatant pirating at its finest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for the members of the Xing empire to briefly appear in the trailer but alas...Sad

Trailer still looks awesome though. Smile
cnav

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quote
drdr-----but they can do it for fma..after all there is always a first time for everything...and this is fma we are talkin bout...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7