• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animax Asia to Run 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist in Same Week as Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Wow, and to think I was just watching the extras that came with the FMA movie and browsing when I came upon the new commercial. The animation is so fluid and the soundtrack's not bad, either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/survey/170/result

Laughing

And there are many promising series, this coming season!

P.S.
Quote:
Let's hope the shows you're looking forward to live up to expectations!

If it won't (I guess you can tell, by now, that I voted for the new FMA), I bet that a horde of fanboys and fangirls will travel to Japan and destroy the BONES studio.

/joke

/not really Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quote
I wonder, was Arakawa disappointed with the first series, you think? Wasn't she the one who insisted that Bones do things differently than she was planning for the manga for that first series? Maybe I'm hoping she liked the first one too because I did. Anyway, she should be satisfied by this one. And I hope if they ever do filler, it'll be something she writes. Or one of those side stories.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:10 am Reply with quote
Not really, I think she found it interesting, in a way.

But I bet she is really, really happy that they are making a new FMA series a relatively short time after the first one, and even more that BONES thought the manga being so good that a second series was needed/possible to make.

Not many mangaka have not one, but two different adaptations of their work. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Periodeia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:15 am Reply with quote
She seemed to like it, from all her official comments. Though apparently she said somewhere that she regretted giving the okay for the spoiler[Rose rape] thing.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:08 am Reply with quote
Periodeia wrote:
She seemed to like it, from all her official comments. Though apparently she said somewhere that she regretted giving the okay for the spoiler[Rose rape] thing.

Yeah, that was a tad excessive, even for me. Though I could see why they went there with that by the end.

Anyway, I bet the manga sales skyrocketed back then and it will once again. I know manga authors don't exactly rake in a huge amount, but Arakawa's got to be doing fairly well, or she should be.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:02 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Periodeia wrote:

Yeah, that was a tad excessive, even for me. Though I could see why they went there with that by the end.

Anyway, I bet the manga sales skyrocketed back then and it will once again. I know manga authors don't exactly rake in a huge amount, but Arakawa's got to be doing fairly well, or she should be.

Yes; she must be getting some percentage of the commisions though it probably isn't going to be a very large amount. I guess its somthing where she gets a certain (incredibly low amount of money) for every book and dvd that's sold. Well maybe not individually but for every 10 sold or something like that.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:21 am Reply with quote
Another new commercial, not much new except more footage of poor Alphonse getting torn apart by the Gate.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Another one, about the OP! Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B_vnG-D6lE

It sounds good, but I don't think I'll like it as much as the old OPs...
Anyway, the new trailer completely sold me.

Could April 5 come tomorrow?
Pleaseeee? ;___;
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote
"Again" is the perfect song name for a FMA 2 OP, isn't it?
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Indeed, both because this is a new, second series, and because one of the first series OP was named "rewrite". Anime hyper
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, this song's not as good as that one, but yeah.

And if the background music in the commercials are any indication of the rest of the soundtrack, it seems like it will at least live up to the standard set by the first series.

I still wouldn't mind hearing "Brothers" once, though. But that probably won't happen.
bayoab

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Add Australia to the list of countries getting it.

If Madman sublicensed the first series from FUNi, this is basically the red flag that FUNi very likely will be announcing it soon.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:36 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Well, this song's not as good as that one, but yeah.

And if the background music in the commercials are any indication of the rest of the soundtrack, it seems like it will at least live up to the standard set by the first series.

I still wouldn't mind hearing "Brothers" once, though. But that probably won't happen.

Even we could only heard a very little bit of it I probably agree, but tastes a part, isn't the new OP a different genre of music?
Like... this is pop while the other was rock? I'm maybe wrong since I'm not a music expert, but it sounds like it has a completely different style, to me.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
Add Australia to the list of countries getting it.

If Madman sublicensed the first series from FUNi, this is basically the red flag that FUNi very likely will be announcing it soon.

Well the fact that Vic (insert unspellable surname) is hosting the first simulcast shows that this announcement might be a lot closer than any of us might have imagined.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7