• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Confirms Plans to Present New Dubbed Naruto

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
Ninja Alchemist wrote:
babynaruto1 wrote:
What is this news basically saying? That they will stream the last 11 Episodes (Episodes 210-220) of the English Dub of Naruto online?

I guess so. They stopped showing them at 208 though so it would actually be 209-220. If i understand though yeah they will start streaming them eventually.

What are you talking about?

Episode 209 of the Naruto English Dub DID air, I watched it on Cartoon Network when it aired on January 31, 2009 Smile!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 am Reply with quote
Ninja Alchemist wrote:
babynaruto1 wrote:
What is this news basically saying? That they will stream the last 11 Episodes (Episodes 210-220) of the English Dub of Naruto online?

I guess so. They stopped showing them at 208 though so it would actually be 209-220. If i understand though yeah they will start streaming them eventually.

CN tends to buy in 52-ep bunches, regardless where in the story the cutoff falls (so that's 52-->104-->156-->208).

kokuryu wrote:
People actually like dubs... Shocked
Who knew...
I don't like them at all - very few dubs pass my test for even being a "good dub" and none have made it into a "decend dub" or a "great dub". Most dubs nowadays are so horrible... I can't believe people watch them...

Isn't personal taste great! Laughing
Xanas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:43 am Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:

Yes

Quote:

Who knew...

I'm sure you already did, but felt the need to state how much you hated dubs again.

Quote:

I don't like them at all - very few dubs pass my test for even being a "good dub" and none have made it into a "decend dub" or a "great dub". Most dubs nowadays are so horrible... I can't believe people watch them...

good < decent < great ? (decent is usually a milder word?)
And why post this in a thread for the dub when it's well known that some people hate dubs? Do you feel everyone else needs to know you hate dubs and that you think they are "so horrible"?

Ugh..
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:16 am Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:
kokuryu wrote:
Who knew...

Not only that, but some people prefer them! Egad! ><

I am dismayed when an anime does not have a dub. Believe it!

Well, TBH, I prefer the dub (DVDs' unedited version, that is) because:

A: the sub is one of the weaker subs for a long-running series. Sasuke sounds way too old, Gaara (in his psycho period) is tame compared to the dub, Naruto's "Saaaassssuuuukkkkeeee!!!" yell makes my ears bleed, and "believe it" ended around episode 25 whereas "dattebayo" is still going strong last time I checked
B: Gaara as I've said, Itachi, Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Kakashi, and Shikamaru I prefer dubbed, and most of those are among my favorite characters. I prefer subbed Kankuro, Neji, and a few minor characters, none of whom I care much about, and everyone else is about even, so that's why I prefer listening to the dub.
C: I've always found it easier to get emotional to anime when listening to it in my language, and since Naruto will often hurl tear-jerkers at us (the current manga arc will be BRUTAL when it gets animated), I like hearing it in English (yeah, I'm a guy who doesn't mind a good cry now and then Smile ).
miji

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quote
So happy that it's been confirmed, even though many VAs have said they've been working on it. Can't wait until it finally comes out on dvd! Will be surprised if CN decides not to carry it. It was one of their higher rated shows.
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
Who knew...

Duh! You just now noticed or do you just want to get it out there that you hate dubs but anyways there are plenty of people who likes dubs rather than subs like what doctordoom85 most anime do prefer their dubs that way and we're proud to like dubs too.
jonindarkrai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Yes Finaly. Cartoon Netwok better air the rest of the Naruto Dubbed. then show suppuden.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:15 pm Reply with quote
With Clone Wars on break until Season 2 begins in the Fall and Ben 10 Alien Force season finale-ing this Friday, now would be a great time to introduce Naruto Shippuuden in Clone Wars' current slot, with Ben 10 Alien Force reruns after it. It would mean CN could keep up their Friday Night Block Premieres, and Naruto was the predecessor to their current action lineup, so it certainly wouldn't be out of place, especially with the Shippuuden timeskip shifting gears to a slightly older audience like "Ben 10 Alien Force" did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
azndragon4k

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quote
i rather adult swim get it so its edited less
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:33 pm Reply with quote
azndragon4k wrote:

But then you'd only see it at midnight or later. I highly doubt Shippuuden changes Naruto so much that it needs to be on after midnight. Keeping it on Cartoon Network increases its exposure. Like I said, roughly analogous to Ben 10's timeskip to Alien Force. Both of them have Yuri Lowenthal too, what a coincidence.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:36 am Reply with quote
azndragon4k wrote:

CN would never again do that.
They don't like crossing over demographics and thus ad sponsors.

CN's annual Upfront conference will be happening soon. We may get a clearer idea then.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:39 am Reply with quote
I doubt they will mention Naruto at all actually. They have lots of other stuff to divert people's attention with.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:
I watched the first series in dub form and I've been putting off Shippuden until its dub. I can't wait.

I also stopped collecting the box sets at ten. So the sooner Shippuden comes to box set format the better as well.

Same here. It's about damn time i hear something on the dub epsiodes cause i was fearing the worst that they might pull a media blasters and go sub only. Thank god for this news,However i would at least see the remaining epsiodes of naruto filler arc at least before going to the shippuden series. Hopefully CN will have a broadcast very soon(probably on Friday) or possibly it'll go to AS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KuraiWarrior1227

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh damn it...the same half bald fat lady is doing naruto's voice -_-
greeeaaaat.....
That is really the only voice I just can't stand in the english dub....
I'll watch it anyway though, I miss watching anime during the day though....why does it have to come on from like 1 am to 5 am. We don't all have recording devices!
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:49 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
CN's annual Upfront conference will be happening soon. We may get a clearer idea then.

zanarkand princess wrote:
I doubt they will mention Naruto at all actually. They have lots of other stuff to divert people's attention with.

It would seem you're correct. They sent out a press release today announcing their '09-'10 plans and it left out any non-Cartoon Network original series. (There is another new Ben 10 series coming though. Anime catgrin ) Basically anything they didn't have a hand in making isn't on this list.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4