• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Imagi's New Computer-Animated Astro Boy Teaser Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Although I wish this movie didn't look like a saturday morning cartoon, at least its not nearly has horriable as Dragon Ball. Trust me when I say this, that is a huge step up.

"Astro Boy" really is a kid's series, though, so a "Saturday morning cartoon" look is the right idea, I'd say.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Maybe the trailer got released early by mistake or something? Cause it seems odd that it's suddenly been pulled from Hulu.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Wow, this movie looks decent, but not grade A. But why does Astro sound like a teenager when he is supposed to be a kid? Makes no sense to me.

<snip>

Well, Astro Boy can use weapons that a kid prob shouldn't. And that girl in the promo doesn't look 9 yo either.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:18 pm Reply with quote
It actually doesn't look too bad, I may consider giving them money to view it. It already looks like an improvement over the last time Astro attempted to go 3D in that horrid PS2 game.

I do kinda wish that it didn't have the rather stereotypical "in a world where..." part in it's ad though. It does make it look like they took the material more seriously and it doesn't seem like it wants to drag Astro's name through the mud over to a garbage bin in some shady back alley as Astro kicks and screams as he shouts "don't make a movie out of me that will be horrible just because you might get money from using my name and image in it!" (like the Dragon Ball movie apparently has, poor Goku, must've been a painful experience Crying or Very sad).
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
It actually doesn't look too bad, I may consider giving them money to view it. It already looks like an improvement over the last time Astro attempted to go 3D in that horrid PS2 game.

I do kinda wish that it didn't have the rather stereotypical "in a world where..." part in it's ad though. It does make it look like they took the material more seriously and it doesn't seem like it wants to drag Astro's name through the mud over to a garbage bin in some shady back alley as Astro kicks and screams as he shouts "don't make a movie out of me that will be horrible just because you might get money from using my name and image in it!" (like the Dragon Ball movie apparently has, poor Goku, must've been a painful experience Crying or Very sad).

Nah, Goku's laughing all the way to the bank still. Wink
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quote
The Hulu one got taken down, so you can watch it @ Youtube. It's got CG Tezuka @ 1:05. Very Happy Personally, I'm fine with it so far, Goth Girl Sidekick/Love Interest aside. I just hope they stick with the fantasy element of the series, and don't use Iraq war metaphors, even though Tezuka wasn't the type to shy from addressing Vietnam.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Nah, Goku's laughing all the way to the bank still. Wink

ha, true enough, and they're coming out with a shorter, fillerless version of the show anyway that is sure to please more than the movie will.

I was totally remembering the episode of South Park with Indiana Jones when I was writing the post before. And now I have thoroughly imagined that scene with Goku, please excuse me while I wash that image from my mind.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote
IMDB has a working trailer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2