• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-03-25

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cetriya

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quote
you dont spill out a bunch of japanse to a new (or novice like me) you relate it back to tv shows.

"what kind of shows or books do you like?"
"hmm I kind of like gossip girls..."
"well I dont know much of gossip girls, but I think Peach Girl might be to your liking. its about this girl and ..."

you know, use your native language to describe something Razz
DomFortress

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:58 am Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
DomFortress wrote:
Earth_Wyrm wrote:
DomFortress wrote:
It's all about an ideal display of confidence and self-esteem, with a touch of maturity and graciousness. Of course, throw in a hint of future possibility just to make the experience rewarding, and obey the golden rule of "ladies first". That's the secret for a great hookup line.

"Hello there, pretty lady. Would you mind telling me straight up just what's on your mind, before I show you how to have so much fun, you won't be getting any sleep tonight?"

This is the reason that even someone like me shouldn't take advice from Internet forumites.
At the very least, you can always make a comeback by saying: "It's OK, I was just making a complement about how pretty you are. By the way, my name is *insert name here*."

How's that for an introduction.

No, no, everyone still really hopes you're joking. Laughing

That exchange may only get you a cheap slut and a crotchful of herpes, if you're lucky. Wink
That's great, I just told a joke! Now if a girl can laugh at that when I told it to her, then I knew she's in for a fun night out! Wink After all, I'm looking for a real woman, who's not afraid of having fun with a real man. I'm a lady's man, not a babysitter. Cool And besides, if I was fishing for a slut, then I wouldn't bother asking what's on her mind in the first place.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Hey man, you woke me up, moo!

Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedHotFunk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:14 pm Reply with quote
OUch, poor guy Anime hyper

Get'er next time tiger hahaha
hime rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote
stupid manga cows!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Shepperoni

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:58 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
i laughed at the guy on the floor. Laughing

I didn't even notice him in the first column! Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Ah, beating up the dead horse (guy as loser) again. Guess they're trying to show us, ya shouldn't date out of your league...

Err... considering the several people in this thread who said they related to Kevin's struggles, I would hope you're not calling them all losers.

No, they're just played one in comic strips. Laughing

Jadress wrote:

Who *hasn't* had dating troubles?

Probably the artists who continuously pick on 'em. Laughing
l2EV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quote
Aw man...good times. That's all I can say right now, good times...lol!
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:13 am Reply with quote
Oi oi Kevin, you forgot to suppress your power levels...
Tamaria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:50 am Reply with quote
Cloe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Jadress wrote:

Oh, come now. That's a rather presumptuous claim to make, don't you think? Considering that Kevin is one of the most consistently knowledgeable and sane characters in Anime News Nina, he hardly comes across as a "loser." Certainly no more so than Paola or Nina. This strip in particular, to me, was more about Kevin's line delivery failure than any sort of cheap shot at anime fans in general. Judging from the empathetic responses in this thread thus far, I think the nerves-induced epic information overload is a pretty universal circumstance a lot of people can relate to. I've certainly been there. And I daresay Robin wouldn't have been able to pull off such an accurate, sympathetic example of nervous enthusiasm had she not experienced it firsthand at some point, herself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Jadress wrote:

Oh, come now. That's a rather presumptuous claim to make, don't you think?

Hi Cloe, yeah I was a bit facetious. Laughing

Cloe wrote:

Judging from the empathetic responses in this thread thus far, I think the nerves-induced epic information overload is a pretty universal circumstance a lot of people can relate to. I've certainly been there. And I daresay Robin wouldn't have been able to pull off such an accurate, sympathetic example of nervous enthusiasm had she not experienced it firsthand at some point, herself.

Weeeeeeeeeell......... it happened with you/her............... or saw it happen to you/her...........
Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind of a difference........... Very Happy

Regardless, I don't really mind it happening with Kevin, so long just not always mostly Kevin. A little gender balance wouldn't hurt, donchathink? Laughing
Pumpernikkeli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:43 am Reply with quote
Haha that's exactly how it ends up when you get too excited Very Happy
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote
I really hope Robin continues this next week as well, I am really interested to see if Kevin is able to get into a real relationship. Because I can't ever imagine him dating Paola. But as for Nina, its more imagineable, except for the fact Kevin isn't bishie though. And we know how Nina likes bishojo.
DomFortress

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Regardless, I don't really mind it happening with Kevin, so long just not always mostly Kevin. A little gender balance wouldn't hurt, donchathink? Laughing
The score looks pretty even here, to me anyway.
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I really hope Robin continues this next week as well, I am really interested to see if Kevin is able to get into a real relationship. Because I can't ever imagine him dating Paola. But as for Nina, its more imagineable, except for the fact Kevin isn't bishie though. And we know how Nina likes bishojo.
I don't know about that. It's as if you want Robin to go on a canon and make both Kevin and Nina to be out-of-characters, just for the sake of story plot. But to me, the Anime News Nina had been so great as a comic strip isn't because of an epic-like story plot(it's not a thing for comic strip, anyway), but it's because of the one-dimensional characters with their often one-sided, and sometimes over-the-top reactions to random encounters.

And the truth is, Nina was just not interested.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7