• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aya Hirano Stars in Himitsu no Akko-chan Flash Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote
This topic is really tame about Hirano compared to other anime boards out there, so I can't imagine how some people would react if they think a topic like this is "Despicable". What is "Despicable" about someone expected to do their job? Would you get all mad if Jared from Subway got fired for getting fat? I mean hey, its his own body, he can do what he wants, regardless of the contracts he signed!

It comes down to the fact that if you agree to the regulations of a job, you're expected to follow them. Being an idol gives up rights like having casual sex since you're supposed to be a bastion of purity that otaku can look up to. Call it "Sexist" or whatever, but thats the industry and she agreed to those rules. She broke them, so she paid the price.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Her jobs are being a voice actress and singer.

She was doing both of those things.

I mean, unless she's having orgies in the ADR booth, I don't see how her sex life is affecting her work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dan9999

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
First, Aya Hirano still has a massive fanbase. For instance, the only seiyuu with more Twitter followers is Tomokazu Sugita. Now it's probably not the best way to rate her popularity, but it's a pretty good indicator.

Second, a season or two of not being the main star in an anime is not a career ending in the least, especially when she's been working on her music career.

Third, bringing it on herself? By having sex? No. Well, I guess she was bringing it on herself by being a part of an industry that caters to mouthbreathing wastes of life.

This is the first time I've been ashamed of being a member of these forums.

Again with the delusions...if the FACT that she as not been able to get any LEADING anime roles for a LONG time is not indicator, I dunno what is....if the fact that new high demand seiyuus are other that some of us have mentioned here, that LEADING roles, season after season then I dunno what can be a better indicator.

Why if is she is so popular and her career is so totally fine, then why no roles in any of the many super popular series of lately..why if is she is supposed to have a ton of followers and a super popular seiyuu??? By your logic the studios are idiots because they are losing so much money with having the super high demand seiyuu Hirano not voice their anime no?

Oh sure, sure, she is totally fine, she is just focusing on her NON ANIME/SEIYUU career right, which is the ONLY counter argument you can come up.... sure, what do you expect if her seiyuu career is no longer in high demand, that she only is asked to do little, supporting roles...oh but yea, everything is fine right...

You seem so sure to blame hardcore and seiyuu fans, you even dare insult them ...if you should feel ashamed and disgusted is at the screwed up industry and seiyuu that take advantage of the obsession of the fans you badmouth!

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE for creating such disgusting illusions? WHO?? The fans alone? SO the agencies and seiyuu are all innocent? yea, sure, because they dont like that obsession that gets them ridiculous amount of sales = money right.

Who the hell are the ones creating and selling the facade of innocent, pure and virginal idols? Who? Who are the ones creating fake photos to make it appear than on Xmas the beloved seiyuus spend their time alone or with other female friends, because they are so innocent that never hang out with dirty men?

Idolr like Aya Hiranao indeed use twitter to post all kind of BS and lies to boost her popularity even more, creating and posting fake photos of her on Xmas spending the night only with her cat(s)/alone or with other girls, sending the message of innocent virgin girls?

Like some of us have said, and like Mr. Oshawott said a couple post back, she had it coming, she actively went along with the innocent facade to boost her popularity and reach stardom after a mere one or two popular anime, of course, why take the longer route other seiyuus take right...when you can reach stardom with the idol look more easily.

Noone is saying is bad to have sex, and that its alright to basically have your career over if you are discovered to enjoy sex...no, like I said, for me all parties involved in a game of lies and facades are wrong, some way more than the others, but she played that game ACTIVELY and as the attention whore she is was not even smart enough to keep it discreet as not affect others or her own image or work. So in her case, its hard for some of us so have any sympathy for her.

But you penguintruth, you seem to be one of her blind followers so you wont be able to accept the truth of whats happening with her, but read and comprehend better whats being posted here.

Facts are there are other seiyuu that are already taking ALL the roles she used to go after in her good times, the fact is no-one is asking her for new high profile leading roles is good indicator that she is no longer in high demand because there are other seiyuus that are getting those roles season after season, series after series and some of then are ALSO doing good with their music career.

If she get roles in other series has yet to be seen, like some of us mentioned, there are series with different target audiences that might take the risk and give her a chance.

Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
So Aya Hirano is not a perfect pure saint of a woman...people need to get over themselves.

I don't know if her career with Otaku is over or not but the way some people talk on here is despicable.

Yea, then tell it to the agencies and seiyuu, tell them to stop with he charade of exposing their seiyuu as idols and innocent girls so they can get sales form the obsessive fans.

Tell the seiyuu to stop indicating and telling lies that they are pure and innocent, that they have never date a guy before, break the illusion and as time goes by you will see this kind of thing does not happen...Just like how other seiyuu that work hard on their roles and dont lie to fans can safely have a boyfriend or get married and still have work and no-one or at least not many will make a drama out if.

Last edited by dan9999 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
This topic is really tame about Hirano compared to other anime boards out there, so I can't imagine how some people would react if they think a topic like this is "Despicable". What is "Despicable" about someone expected to do their job? Would you get all mad if Jared from Subway got fired for getting fat? I mean hey, its his own body, he can do what he wants, regardless of the contracts he signed!

It comes down to the fact that if you agree to the regulations of a job, you're expected to follow them. Being an idol gives up rights like having casual sex since you're supposed to be a bastion of purity that otaku can look up to. Call it "Sexist" or whatever, but thats the industry and she agreed to those rules. She broke them, so she paid the price.

Agreed. I really don't know why these folks (the ones that are [seemingly] defending Aya's self-induced fallout) are getting so worked up over this. Confused I mean, make no mistake, I understand that Aya is a really talented voice actress, but how do you expect an anime company to keep a seiyuu whose controversial events could immanently end up causing them to lose their fanbase?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I must be one of her 341,113 blind followers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dan9999

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Agreed. I really don't know why these folks (the ones that are [seemingly] defending Aya's self-induced fallout) are getting so worked up over this. Confused I mean, make no mistake, I understand that Aya is a really talented voice actress, but how do you expect an anime company to keep a seiyuu whose controversial events could immanently end up causing them to lose their fanbase?

Agreed as well.

Thats he industry and their screwed up rules she agreed to follow and that led her to super stardom.

I am indifferent to Hirano as a seiyuu, I dont particularly like her, never liked Haruhi nor Lucky Star, her most famous series, she is talented indeed, no doubt, but just as much as pretty much all other seiyuu as well, japense seiyuu are superb, cant really say one or the other is more talented or by a big difference, it mainly comes down of which voices you like best, she is just super popular because of Haruhi mainly not because she is incredibly superior other fellow seiyuu. Her status was really overrated.

penguintruth wrote:
Yes, I must be one of her 341,113 blind followers.

Sure, super evidence that she her career is just totally fine. Contact the studios and let them know they are idiots for giving the leading roles to others and as one of your strong arguments mention her twitter followers!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Whatever. It's clearly impossible to reason with a you, so we'll just see where her career goes.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Got to love how the misogyny in the Japanese industries is spreading through the fans over here, but I am not getting into this discussion for real.
And as always, the real indicator on her career status will only come with time.
dan9999

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:26 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Whatever. It's clearly impossible to reason with a you, so we'll just see where her career goes.

Thanks for replying with 0 solid counter arguments.

Your biased opinion was clearly exposed, specially while you skip any comment in me blaming The industry and Seiyuu as well as fans but you comfortably avoid it Laughing Nice dodge.

Sewingrose wrote:
Got to love how the misogyny in the Japanese industries is spreading through the fans over here, but I am not getting into this discussion for real.
And as always, the real indicator on her career status will only come with time.

Which is why I am telling you to recriminate the Industry and Seiyuu as well ----and not just badmouth and insult fans like some here do--- that dont mind being mere objects of others obsessive fantasies and actively contribute to feed them to their fans.

And sure, only time will tell, well actually its already a good indicator, let see if she lands a leading role in one of the big series of upcoming seasons, thou I do not discard supporting roles in other series targeted at different core audiences that the ones she used to work for, kids or girls will hardly care about her purity and sexuality, or heck may a real star role again in other kind of series, but guess she will need to correct her scandal and polemic nature she was already well known for.

I am stopping since her supporters here fail to make any solid arguments to support their point of view and keep on conveniently dodging some good points brought up by some of us.
TC-man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:28 am Reply with quote
Well, fact is that Aya is not getting newer bigger roles these days, the bigger ones she's still doing are from before the scandal was revealed. And we are talking about Japan here where image in this kind of industry is very important, though having is sex is okay, sure it's a private matter, that's 'till the photos are leaked out about an orgy with other co-workers. Who leaked the photos anyway? He or she must hate Aya.

Even in the west here, negative impact is gonna be there if this kind of thing has happened, so why it's not in this case with Aya Hirano; e.g. think about the case with Tiger Woods. People e.g. like top sporters and any other established actor/actress (Aya is an established seiyuu) do have important role to play, they can serve as great examples for other people, especially towards their fans, they are role-models for many people. Even outside of Japan this kind of things matter. Remember Zidane, the famous French soccer player who headbutted some other Italian soccer player in World Cup 2006. He needed to hold some conference to apologize to his fans, especially to his kid fans. And Zidane's career ended there as an active soccer player, very sad!
Thana5102

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:32 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Thanks for replying with 0 solid counter arguments.

Your biased opinion was clearly exposed, specially while you skip any comment in me blaming The industry and Seiyuu as well as fans but you comfortably avoid it Laughing Nice dodge.

Sewingrose wrote:

Which is why I am telling you to recriminate the Industry and Seiyuu as well ----and not just badmouth and insult fans like some here do--- that don't mind being mere objects of others obsessive fantasies and actively contribute to feed them to their fans.

And sure, only time will tell, well actually its already a good indicator, let see if she lands a leading role in one of the big series of upcoming seasons, thou I do not discard supporting roles in other series targeted at different core audiences that the ones she used to work for, kids or girls will hardly care about her purity and sexuality, or heck may a real star role again in other kind of series, but guess she will need to correct her scandal and polemic nature she was already well known for.

I am stopping since her supporters here fail to make any solid arguments to support their point of view and keep on conveniently dodging some good points brought up by some of us.

It only 1 year after she move to new agency, you think she must have lead role in "otaku" anime immediately or her career is over? It take time to get lead role again after that happen.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:55 am Reply with quote
TC-man wrote:
Even outside of Japan this kind of things matter. Remember Zidane, the famous French soccer player who headbutted some other Italian soccer player in World Cup 2006. He needed to hold some conference to apologize to his fans, especially to his kid fans. And Zidane's career ended there as an active soccer player, very sad!

Pretty much. It's part of being a celebrity in any country, it's just Japan takes it more seriously than other cultures. Especially within the Idol/Seiyuu culture which revolved around it. It's just business, nothing more.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:02 am Reply with quote
Wow, this got out of hand. I don't even like her, but i'm gonna laugh when you guys are back kissing her ass again after they announce a new Haruhi/Lucky Star anime. This really should be a bannable offense by now, as it just derails threads.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Wow, this got out of hand. I don't even like her, but i'm gonna laugh when you guys are back kissing her ass again after they announce a new Haruhi/Lucky Star anime. This really should be a bannable offense by now, as it just derails threads.

What? This news article was only created to talk about Aya Hirano, nobody cares about some random 1 minute flash anime that won't be even be subbed or licensed over here. The news here was that she got an anime role again, thus it would spark discussion about Aya Hiranos role in the anime industry. How is talking about the topic at hand "Derailing the thread"?
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
v1cious wrote:

What? This news article was only created to talk about Aya Hirano, nobody cares about some random 1 minute flash anime that won't be even be subbed or licensed over here

Then don't post? I fail to see what her personal life has to do with this news. It's already been pointed out several times that she's still working on other stuff, so this is pretty ridiculous anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4