• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Lux Aeterna

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:40 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I don't like you, 2009. You've already disposed of Electronic Gaming Monthly, Blender, and the game companies Seta and Jaleco. Now you've brought the end of a magazine that I was part of for nearly three years: Anime Insider.

Except for the first four, I agree that the losses suck. But then if Viz couldn't survive on a discounted Animerica, what did you expect from AI?

As for FFIV II, it looks more like bad fan-fiction than a real sequel. [Sort of like Lunar II. Rolling Eyes ]

Quote:
Some Zelda fans were crestfallen at Nintendo announcing a mere DS The Legend of Zelda at the Gamer's Day Conference, but those fans have apparently forgotten how much fun they had with the last DS Zelda, The Phantom Hourglass.

I have yet to play the current Wii one, since I'm waiting to see if Yakuza 3 ends up like Mother 3 before I buy that system.

Quote:
though neither of those games involved Link taking charge of a train and pelting foes with cannon shot.

Methinks Miyamoto is an anime fan, since there's no way he came up with that idea without seeing GE:999. [Plus, the boss in the last game fought like Dio from Jojo.]

Quote:
And Aisha is "moe" as hell itself.

Not as much as some of the girls in those Atlus games.

Quote:
You're seeing Dragonball: Evolution on opening night and no amount of critical dismissals, fan outcries, or common sense will get in your way.

The only way that would happen is if you're a studio plant.

Oh, and an article on all the recent Pokemon "scandals".

Last edited by GATSU on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
FeralKat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote
Lux Pain's localization is bad, but I think the spelling and grammar mistakes in The Legend of Heroes I on the PSP beat it. Confused I was really disappointed, since I love visual novel adventures on the DS... Crying or Very sad I don't understand how the final translation bypassed quality check though.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:06 am Reply with quote
I was quite disappointed with Lux-Pain. The closer it got release the greater sense of dread I felt. Then I played it and wanted to kill the game.
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quote
Well already have Accent Core so plus really doesn't add a lot for me (have Guilty Gear X2 with story modes, seeing how the story modes are rehashes I'm missing what 2 story modes that Gamefaqs will tell me what happened.) Although I'm now looking forward to the Spiritual successor BlazBlue, should be exciting.
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:07 am Reply with quote
All I have to say is:
YES! MORE LAYTON FOR US! EVERY 6 MONTHS!

In other news...Tatsunoko vs. Capcom US Release?! Keep the hope alive!

Also important news: Conflicker...
suna_suna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:45 am Reply with quote
Accent Core Plus is my next purchase i think
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:52 am Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
All I have to say is:
YES! MORE LAYTON FOR US! EVERY 6 MONTHS!

Missed that little tidbit. Hooray! Looks like I'll be playing Professor Layton around Christmas Confused I want to be as happy as the news of a new Layton game should make me but it's annoying that it's taken this long to only officially announce it with a "maybe probably sometime this year I guess possibly"
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:20 am Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
Also important news: Conflicker...

1) It's "Conficker", no 'l', and
2) It's not important to those of us who have legal copies of M$ Windows and keep them properly updated.

And on-topic, I'm kinda curious about Ninja Blade. I tried playing the latest Ninja Gaiden, and found it to be as unforgivingly difficult to play as I have every other iteration I've tried, and the controls were none-to-responsive either. So Blade being billed as a Gaiden clone kinda makes me keep my distance, but I'm curious just how much like Gaiden it is vs. how much it's like "your average gory action game"...
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:23 am Reply with quote
It looks like Something Awful decided to celebrate April 1 by pissing off Sonic fans. Laughing
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:28 am Reply with quote
Meanwhile, MMO April 1 pranks...
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:12 am Reply with quote
Muramasa: The Demon Blade has a new trailer showing more characters.

Barnyard Blast: Swine of the Night has a quiet release. I'm keeping an eye on it seeing how it harks back to Gn'G.

Class Of Heroes is pushed back to June, but that shows Atlus USA takes consideration for the quality of their games.
Hear that, NISA?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote
Believe. Nothing.
Dimlos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quote
Yeah, like NISA ever "properly" localizes any of their games. Even if there were no glitches, they'd still have terrible localizations that make those terrible references to Bill Clinton and Roger Ebert in Working Designs' localizations seem incredible.
Reinhard Von Lohengram

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
"The visual novel is still very much a rarity in Western games. Hotel Dusk, Time Hollow, and the Phoenix Wright series have introduced many to the concept of a game driven by dialogue and simple exploration"

Unfortunately, that wasn't always the case. Graphic adventures and visual novels used to be the most popular computer games. Thankfully, these types of games are becoming more and more popular and available once again, both for computer and with Nintendo's bringing them back with their Wii and DS titles. The fact they brought Broken Sword (and a director's cut at that) to the Wii is fantastic. Just hoping the Wii sequel to Trace Memory makes it stateside.
Subatomic Brainfreeze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I dunno, that character looks no more moemoe than any other girl in a JRPG in the last couple years. On the other hand, the last PS2 Ys had you on an island with some girl and her little moe sister. and if you beat the game superawesome, you got to see them in swimsuits. I think Falcom has always known their audience.

GATSU wrote:
It looks like Something Awful decided to celebrate April 1 by pissing off Sonic fans. Laughing

Jesus god, the articles on the main page actually got unfunnier. I'm genuinely impressed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2