• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gonzo to Be Delisted from Tokyo Stock Exchange

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Well at least we have funimation supporting gonzo, though ouch anime is taking a pounding. At least we know that manga will live on and there for anime as well.
jsc315

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quote
LordRedhand wrote:
Do these type of threads always have to be a bash the industry/gonzo in this case type threads? The fact that we have a company with a global anime presence that was willing to provide legal streaming of anime directly and make anime that we like and arguably listen to their global fanbase is struggling. So I can understand not liking their shows or their endings but this is not something to jump for joy over.

Well that's obvious. Its never good when a company is not doing good. But when they constantly make bad decisions and make poor products its not a huge surprise. I dont think anyone is happy they are being delisted but Gonzo really didn't have the best reputation for making quality anime. All they did was throw money at everything in money they really didn't have in the first place. As i sated before.
Also i dont think anyone is bashing them there bashing the anime they made.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mozychan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:50 pm Reply with quote
GeneralArrow wrote:
Well at least we have funimation supporting gonzo, though ouch anime is taking a pounding. At least we know that manga will live on and there for anime as well.

Crunchyroll is still supporting Gonzo as well. Wink

-moose
cetriya

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote
didn't like too much of their current anime and it seems that I mostly liked the anime that was commissioned of them.

their animation was very nice to look at but they should have invested more on writing then just nice graphics.
Tratious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote
i feel bad for GONZO i liked most of their shows and its a shame to see a big company like GONZO suffering they have been around along time
maybe FUNImation will buy them or maybe someone else or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2