• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Offer 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist on April 9

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnav

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:57 am Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
Good news (mainly the simulcast), and pretty much a no-brainer (though it would have been funny if someone else got to it before FUNimation). Now, hopefully the show will actually be good enough to be worth the move...

of course its gonna be good enough . No wonder funimation were dyin for it . . .
cnav

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:59 am Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
Good news (mainly the simulcast), and pretty much a no-brainer (though it would have been funny if someone else got to it before FUNimation). Now, hopefully the show will actually be good enough to be worth the move...

of course its gonna be good enough . No wonder funimation were dyin for it . . .
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:42 am Reply with quote
Thats how you win fansub folks. I'm sure many wish it was faster, but this a good jog in the right direction.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jaziek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:10 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:

Jaziek wrote:
So this is USA and France who get it?

Oh well. GG funi, fansubs for the rest of us.
Who do you think Funimation are? Everyone else other than Funimation? At the very least, the UK will get to see this. because Funimation actauly realise America is not the whole of the world.

I see no indication on this article that the UK will be seeing this.

I see USA, Australia and "europe" as in french subtitles.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:46 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Sariachan wrote:
Also, I hope that in the future the Japanese animation companies themselves will stream their anime without restrictions to the entire world, making the users paying a fee for a subscription: that way, money would directly go to who is actually making the anime.

Your logic is funny.

How can the companies make money if they can't use subscriptions? Imbedded ads within videos that are released worldwide are very few because very little amounts of advertisers are willing to advertise worldwide via a niche product.

With stuff like FUNimation is doing at the very least they have a controlled area with ads of their merchandise all over the place.

Your learning ability is funny.
Where did I wrote that the can't use subscriptions? I said, or better, I hope that they'll do something like that in the future!
Maybe my English isn't perfect, but at least I can read. -__-'

KabaKabaFruit wrote:
If people want to watch their fansubs a day after broadcast, they can go watch them. We don't have the power to stop them. However, they and the groups involved aren't going to be earning a lot of respect now considering that FUNimation is working with the original licensors on getting this show out a few days apart from broadcast with full subs and the best video quality money can buy!/

I would love to see if you would still talk like that if you where from Italy or some other Country that will not be covered by the legit channels/streams that will air FMA.
People are really egoistic sometimes...
I do respect fansubbers and I'm proud to say that: after all, they aren't preventing me to buy the official releases when they come out, but they just let me to enjoy something together with the rest of the world.
And I DO buy lots of official stuff (about the new FMA, the first on the list will be the OP single, I just love the song YUI wrote and composed for FMA... I would dare to say that it's perfect Very Happy ).

P.S. Not all European Countries will be able to see the French subtitles version of the streams, but only the ones who uses French as offiical language... so it'll be just a couple of Countries, I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Shadowlord

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:19 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I also think that the French YouTube version will be region locked. But I can't understand French anyway (besides "merde").
*Maybe* France will get the best video quality, since YouTube offers the possibility for 720p HD videos, so why shouldn't they offer it in that quality?
dotted

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:15 am Reply with quote
[Edit: If you're going to quote entire posts just to respond with useless one-liners that contribute nothing to the discussion, then please don't even bother. This is particularly so when the purpose of said one-liners is to call another user "retarded" as flames and personal attacks aren't going to be tolerated. - Keonyn]
stuffs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
If people want to watch their fansubs a day after broadcast, they can go watch them. We don't have the power to stop them. However, they and the groups involved aren't going to be earning a lot of respect now considering that FUNimation is working with the original licensors on getting this show out a few days apart from broadcast with full subs and the best video quality money can buy!

You mean FUNimation is going to show it in HD? Wink

I sure hope that it doesn't discourage fansubs.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote
stuffs wrote:
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
If people want to watch their fansubs a day after broadcast, they can go watch them. We don't have the power to stop them. However, they and the groups involved aren't going to be earning a lot of respect now considering that FUNimation is working with the original licensors on getting this show out a few days apart from broadcast with full subs and the best video quality money can buy!

You mean FUNimation is going to show it in HD? Wink

I sure hope that it doesn't discourage fansubs.

Yep, because four days later for free just isn't going to be good enough Rolling Eyes Seriously, the show is licensed and will be out in a very timely fashion. There is no need to fansub this when it's already getting such a speedy treatment.
Dante80

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There is no need to fansub this when it's already getting such a speedy treatment.

There is always a "need" to fansub it. Or, to put it differently, there is no specific reason that motivates fansubbers to release it. Fansubbing is a(n illegal and possibly detrimental for Japanimation) hobby...

The issue is not what fansubbers do though, but what the fans should do. There will be a speedy and official release for the title, all FMA/anime fans (that can) should acknowledge and use it. ^^
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Jaziek wrote:
I see no indication on this article that the UK will be seeing this.

My good fellow, I suggest you keep up with the times. Best knowing who your allies are when streaming is involved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
stuffs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I have no problems watching it even a month later, but I want to see the quality of the japanese release, which I will not get by watching a stream.

If they had some sort of reasonably priced download service for HD episodes, now that would be great.
population_tire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
What's it about? A continuation of the old anime series? Or a more true-to-the-manga version?
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote
population_tire wrote:
What's it about? A continuation of the old anime series? Or a more true-to-the-manga version?

It's a true to the manga version of FMA, I'm just happy we get more FMA. I want the English Dub cast back!
abynormal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quote
stuffs wrote:
I have no problems watching it even a month later, but I want to see the quality of the japanese release, which I will not get by watching a stream.

If they had some sort of reasonably priced download service for HD episodes, now that would be great.

I guess I'm just less picky, because I've watched Funi's streams before and I thought the quality was just fine. Not super-ultra-megapixel high-mega-quantum-def, of course, but it was enough to enjoy without being distracted by quality issues.

Granted this is just the first episode, so hopefully the process will become more streamlined and faster as the broadcast continues. I'm very happy for this, since I really liked FMA and this lets me avoid any moral issues I had about watching fansubs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10