• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Offer 2009 Fullmetal Alchemist on April 9

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsc315

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote
It was only a matter of time. Good to see them trying something new.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quote
Note to self: delay travel to Sakura Con by 1 hour. (Good thing I'm close! Laughing )

Honestly, tho', I'd prefer a DVD annoucement. I really don't like watching anime on the computer... for starters, now I have to make sure no one else is using it at noon... or watching the TV that's next to the computer... and pray the internet connection holds up.

Discs be easier! Laughing
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:24 am Reply with quote
I wonder if I'll access to some form of legit English subtitled streaming from Italy... if not, I'll have to watch fansub.

Anyway, it's good that Japanese companies are starting to get interest in making people watch new anime at the same time or almost the same time they are aired in Japan even outside of it! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Peebs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote
I'm not entirely sold out on the new seiyuu staff so watching this streaming is a good idea before I fork out the money on DVDs. I hope they do the tin-can-DVD-CD combo they did the last time.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote
Although I wish this was in English, Funimation did a cool thing by doing this. I look forward to watching this in English in a couple of months.

Now if only someone could license Chi's Sweet Home.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote
Looks like FUNimation officially announced it:

Quote:
Anime Leader to Stream Episodes of Highly Anticipated Series Within Days of Japanese Television Debut

Flower Mound, TX – April 3, 2009 - FUNimation® Entertainment has acquired digital, broadcast, DVD and merchandising rights to the megahit anime series "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" from Aniplex and debuting on Japan's MBS and TBS nationally at 5:00 pm on April 5th.

Starting Thursday, April 9 at 10:00 a.m., FUNimation will deliver high-quality, free, original Japanese dialogue accompanied by English subtitles, streaming episodes of studio Bones' new Fullmetal Alchemist via www.funimation.com as well as key video-sharing partners.

"We are proud to be able to simulcast the most anticipated series of 2009," said Gen Fukunaga, president and CEO of FUNimation Entertainment. "I hope our fans will appreciate the video and subtitle quality we have achieved as we are working toward the simulcast of more series this year."

The blockbuster anime series (2003-2004) by the Japanese studio Bones, and subsequent franchise, is based on the manga by Hiromu Arakawa. The followup film "Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa" (2005) ended the series but many fans wished to see the story continue.

"Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" is directed by Yasuhiro Irie ("Kurau: Phantom Memory", "Soul Eater"). Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya will reprise their roles as Edward and Alphonse, though some of FMA's original cast have been replaced. Roy Mustang will now be voiced by Shinichiro Miki (Asato Tsuzuki, "Descendants of Darkness"). Winrey Rockwell will now be voiced by Megumi Takamoto (Mahou Sensei Negima!) and Riza Hawkeye will be voiced by Fumiko Orikasa (Bleach, RahXephon, Vandread)

ABOUT FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD
"Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" is set in a fictional world where alchemy – the transmutation of raw materials into objects – is science and the way of life. The series follows the Elric brothers Edward and Alphonse on their perilous journey in search of the legendary Philosopher's Stone. They set forth in the hope that the magical artifact can restore their bodies after a failed attempt to revive their dead mother cost Edward's left leg and right arm; as well as Alphonse's entire body, leaving his soul affixed to a suit of armor.

Above Press Release is available here.
datenshi_aiko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quote
Hello new here!^

[Mod note: Sorry, no fansub requests are allowed here. ~C]
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
awesome
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote
I looked on the Animax site for the new manga-centric characters that will now be animated, and it says that Ling and Mei were villains. I can understand Ling being somewhat of a villain since he was "devoured" by Greed, but Mei? How is a little girl with a tiny pet Panda a villain? I am not doubting Animax but maybe their info on the characters is a little off.

In any event, I am excited about Funimation acquiring the streaming rights to the FMA anime. I think they may even put the original on their video portal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote
I LOVE YOU FUNIMATION!! Enough said!
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quote
tenebrusmke79 wrote:
I looked on the Animax site for the new manga-centric characters that will now be animated, and it says that Ling and Mei were villains. I can understand Ling being somewhat of a villain since he was "devoured" by Greed, but Mei? How is a little girl with a tiny pet Panda a villain? I am not doubting Animax but maybe their info on the characters is a little off.

In any event, I am excited about Funimation acquiring the streaming rights to the FMA anime. I think they may even put the original on their video portal.

Well the little girl does spend a lot of her time hanging out wit Scar ^ ^ That could be the reason.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:41 am Reply with quote
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I love you, Funimation. I can't believe I thought for two seconds I'd have to watch some Australian dub. Very Happy
bahamut623

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:44 am Reply with quote
Cool that they're doing this, but I'll wait for the inevitable Adult Swim broadcast. I hate watching anime on the computer, and I'm a little worried that as this trend continues more shows will be exclusively online streams only.
Seraphim_Alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:51 am Reply with quote
That news just made my day ^__^d, it was an obvious move to make since it'll be THE most talked about show in 09'
Zoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Animax fan wrote:
Official confirmation of Ling and all the exclusive manga character's Appearance in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood'

<snip>

Nitpicking: spoiler[I know technically they ARE siblings, but come on, that description totally portrays it in the wrong light...]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10