• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Simulcasts 2nd Hayate the Combat Butler Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I was considering paying them when I saw this but it was laggy, had badly timed subtitles, and all options were really crappy quality except 720p. It's a shame, CR was a good idea..but there's no real excuse for such poor quality settings to lag. Timing issue's are understandable but still..Free sites i've been to have less lag issues and better quality. I whine a lot about CR but if they give me a free trial, and STILL suck...then they're not really helping the industry unless someone else takes over what they're doing..and does it good.

Glad the show is back though, funny stuff.
happydonutz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote
kuogeru, can you tell me exactly whats wrong with the video? 480p looks spectacular for me, and the subs seem spot on....

maybe your computer is slow to render or internet connection is slow?

Kougeru wrote:
I was considering paying them when I saw this but it was laggy, had badly timed subtitles, and all options were really crappy quality except 720p. It's a shame, CR was a good idea..but there's no real excuse for such poor quality settings to lag. Timing issue's are understandable but still..Free sites i've been to have less lag issues and better quality. I whine a lot about CR but if they give me a free trial, and STILL suck...then they're not really helping the industry unless someone else takes over what they're doing..and does it good.

samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

You posted a similar comment on the show's board, but frankly, no one seemed to agree with you.

The sub's timing is fine, the playback didn't lag at all, and the video quality was quite excellent, especially on 720p.

Well, it's completely free for anyone to judge for themselves (for this first episode, anyway), so I think we can let people come to their own conclusions.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping the subtitle quality is good. The subs for Shugo Chara were too hard for me to read.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I'm hoping the subtitle quality is good. The subs for Shugo Chara were too hard for me to read.

In what way? Are you talking about the font size or something?
souleater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quote
SWEEEET! Loving that free trial right now Very Happy
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

In what way? Are you talking about the font size or something?

Yes. the font size. and the color.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:30 am Reply with quote
Does Crunchyroll have their own translator for this? For the anime to have otaku-friendly subtitles (which I'm all down for) kinda surprised me from an official release. To be honest, I actually thought some fansub group uploaded this when I initially saw the video posted on Crunchyroll. Well, color me excited. Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1