• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quote
Darn you people are posting too fast for me

amarielah wrote:

Wait. spoiler[Didn't you just say before you edited this post that Roy was attacking Envy with far more power and ferocity than he did with Lust?

I don't agree with every point made by dtm, but this one is valid. They should have either shown Roy practicing more restraint, or had him accidentally kill Envy. It's silly to have it both ways, given his comparative restraint with a much more powerful Lust.]

Yes I did but I thought dtm was referring to two different things. At first I thought he meant

spoiler[How was it so easy for Roy to defeat Envy compared to Lust? Yes I completely read that wrong and my point is because Roy didn't even give him a chance. That his attacks were so powerful. I don't mean "the intensity of the flame" which I mentioned later but Roy's skills were so above Envy and his rage added to this. Rage sometimes can fuel a person. So Roy himself was probably more of a deadly foe than when he first fought Lust.

Then I re-read what dtm said and I realized he meant why did it take so long for Envy to die when he was at a weaker state. My response is different though. I n this case Roy's fighting abilities don't come into play. Yes he could have killed Envy off sooner (he had the power for sure) but he chose not to, to torture him longer. So my first point was in relation to Roy's ability/skills and my second point was in relation to what Roy actually did. They are two different things. But in the end when Envy was reduced to the final form, Roy definitely did go all powerful on him when before he was holding out a bit to prolong it. Does that make sense?]

So yeah I do understand where it seems my two points were contradictory but I don't think they were.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:47 am Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand, first of all, don't double-post. Secondly, learn to use the quote tags properly. Thirdly, your arguments hints A: that you didn't read my post properly, B: do not care about obviously crappy writing, and C: that you are completely devoted to believing in such crappy writing.

Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
No actually Roy went completely berserk on Envy. What Roy dished out on Lust was nothing compared to what he dished out on Envy at all.

That's what I was saying. Lust had more "lives" left than Envy before she faced off against Roy, and yet Envy survived far more damage than what was dished out to Lust. That's a major plot hole. And you obviously didn't read what I wrote, otherwise you wouldn't have said what you said.

Riza is not a push over and he didn't have the chance to kill her, Roy came and stopped him.

He had plenty of time, but wasted it walking around and cluing Riza in that he wasn't Roy. He could have immediately incapacitated or killed Riza then and there (he is excellent at martial arts and she was very close), then used her body or corpse as a way to throw Roy off balance. Or having gotten her out of the way, assumed her form, taken her guns, and shot Roy when he ran into him.

Also he did run away from Roy when he had the chance. You are missing the point that Roy didn't give him many chances. When Envy realized he would not be able to fight Roy it was too late.

He could have transformed and collapsed the floor again, but he didn't do it. He didn't even try to run. Standing there was a really stupid thing to do. Trying to fight Roy - whom he would have had excellent information on - head on was also a really dumb idea. Envy is a spy, an assassin, not a frontline soldier like Sloth.

Oh come on suspension of disbelief. It's not a science series, it's a fantasy series.

Suspension of disbelief is important. When a show pretends it is close to real life - as in, the characters breathe air, just like real humans do - then you'd expect it follow similar laws to real life as well.

What do you mean "all of sudden". Please show me where Roy was faced with a similar situation where he would go berserk before. Roy has mentioned that he would find Hughes killer at any cost. Every time he met a homunculus he asked "did you kill Hughes". It was one of the things that was driving him. As I said in the Adult Swim thread he once said that he was only going to find Hughes killer to help him rise to the top, but obviously that was not true. It was only when Roy was actually faced with Hughes killer (and how Envy so blatantly showed how he killed Hughes) that Roy's true feelings came out. He was able to keep it inside before because he was not directly faced with it.

As for not caring about Hughes...he was his best friend. The person who first said he would support him. The person that got him through Ishval. But no he doesn't care that much about him

It is understandable for Roy to be angry. But up until now he's been a cool customer, even when the uprising was going on. Even when he was blowing out Envy's eyes. And yet, all of a sudden, Envy is in a pitiful state and he gets that angry? It is like an oven that was suddenly transformed into a blast furnace. The fury he had was as sudden as it was Over The Top. It was supposed to be Roy's Big Dramatic Scene but it just wasted literally half the episode.

Way to miss the point. Envy is not superior to humans and doesn't think he is superior to humans. It's called a FRONT. Read my long lengthy reply on this.

Envy is superior; he doesn't age, he is almost immortal, and he has super powers. He is most certainly superior to humans. Maybe he has to obey orders but then so does everyone who works in the bottom rung of an office, so he isn't inferior at any rate. Why would he be envious, except for made-up reasons that are all in your head?

Al's body does have its conveniences but as been said many times in the series he's literally a walking time bomb. The armor was not meant to hold his soul and eventually it will reject that body. Not to mention he can't feel, sleep, eat, cry, etc. So yeah I see exactly what you mean why he would want that body just because he can fight better in it.

I cannot remember properly, but in the first series I don't recall Al's soul rejecting the suit of armour.

I can understand why Al would want to go back to his original body, soul rejection or not, but Ed? With the sort of mechanical limbs they have, why isn't half the soldiers in the army equipped with automail? The number of times Ed's automail has saved his life are numerous, so why is he wanting to go back?

Again just because Envy says something doesn't mean this is how he really feels. He put humans down to make himself FEEL superior.

Because he is superior, he looks down on humans. If I had his sort of powers I too would put down humans, torture them, kill them, insult their mothers. Because that's what superior people do.

Again it's a fantasy. I am sure everything in the first series made perfect logical sense within the rules of our world too. The thing is nothing doesn't make sense within the context of the FMA world and that's what matters.

I have to watch the episode for the Sloth fight but I don't recall anything illogical about his body just that like the other homunculus it takes many times to kill him.

Alex is flesh and muscle and bone. And moustache. His alchemy does not extend to making him more than physically human. Therefore, if he gets hit by a blow powerful enough to smash concrete, his skull is going to cave in just like anyone else's.

Sloth was bullet-proof and explosive-proof, and now he can be severely injured by bullets, pointy rocks and by metal gauntlets (and remember, Armstrong has no power over destroying flesh using alchemy).

So no the major plot failing is you not paying attention to the plot.

Hah. Are you telling me there was not a single loyal State Alchemist of any note in Central? That Scar killed every alchemist in the most important city of the nation, and that none took their places?

One state alchemist can do a considerable amount of damage.

Exactly. You only need one to completely wipe out Briggs' forces, so that must mean there isn't a single loyal State Alchemist in the entire city. Thankyou for making my job so much easier.

Now, if you are going to keep on writing drivel, then consider this your first and only reply from me.
amarielah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:04 am Reply with quote
On a somewhat related note:

I just had an amusing vision of Roy, Edward and Riza dying of oxygen deprivation. Envy is confused at first, but then he realizes what's happening.

And then he laughs like a maniac, suffocating in the process.

Oh, and this:

Quote:

I can understand why Al would want to go back to his original body, soul rejection or not, but Ed?

I'm not as certain about this in the manga as I am with the first series, but Edward's never been particularly concerned with getting his real limbs back. He's pretty much doing everything for Al.

It's Al who really wants Ed to get his real limbs back. Not the most rational desire, I'll agree--but Alphonse (in the anime, at least) isn't always very rational. I think that, for him, it has more to do with the symbolism of things going back to the way the were before they screwed everything up than anything.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:45 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Maidenoftheredhand, first of all, don't double-post. Secondly, learn to use the quote tags properly. Thirdly, your arguments hints A: that you didn't read my post properly, B: do not care about obviously crappy writing, and C: that you are completely devoted to believing in such crappy writing.

Admittedly I did read "one of your points wrong" and I edited it and fixed my response.

Yes in my initial post the quotes were messed up and I fixed it well before you posted this. Also I am double posting because I am responding to what "different" people say. I am writing out long posts and its ridiculous to keep editing each post to add in new replies.

It's not like I am double posting with one line replies.

Also the writing is not crappy just your comprehension of the scenes and characters which are completely off base.

Quote:

spoiler[That's what I was saying. Lust had more "lives" left than Envy before she faced off against Roy, and yet Envy survived far more damage than what was dished out to Lust. That's a major plot hole. And you obviously didn't read what I wrote, otherwise you wouldn't have said what you said.]

spoiler[
Yes you are right, I admitted several times I misread what you said here. Roy is stronger than Envy and fighting with rage so he was more powerful than he was against Lust. So I actually agree with you, except I also noted that Roy could have beat Envy sooner but he was prolonging the fight and torturing him.
]

Quote:

spoiler[He had plenty of time, but wasted it walking around and cluing Riza in that he wasn't Roy. He could have immediately incapacitated or killed Riza then and there (he is excellent at martial arts and she was very close), then used her body or corpse as a way to throw Roy off balance. Or having gotten her out of the way, assumed her form, taken her guns, and shot Roy when he ran into him.]

spoiler[I have not seen the episode but I have read the manga and Envy does not walk around. He confronts Riza right away as "Roy" and then she tricks Envy into revealing that he is in fact not Roy. And Envy is definitely not an excellent martial artist.

Also Envy did not have a chance to sneak up on Riza, she heard him coming and pulled her gun out at him right away.
]

Quote:

spoiler[He could have transformed and collapsed the floor again, but he didn't do it. He didn't even try to run. Standing there was a really stupid thing to do. Trying to fight Roy - whom he would have had excellent information on - head on was also a really dumb idea. Envy is a spy, an assassin, not a frontline soldier like Sloth.]

spoiler[Wow I find your points almost laughable. You are acting like Envy has never tried to fight any characters straight on in the series before this. In fact he did many times before. And neither Sloth or Envy have those specific roles.

Also Envy was full of himself and full of joy seeing Roy suffer over Hughes . I don't think he realized just how powerful Roy would be. He also did try different tactics such as getting in close, turning into Hughes, attacking Riza, none of these things worked. So no he didn't just stand there.
]

Quote:

Suspension of disbelief is important. When a show pretends it is close to real life - as in, the characters breathe air, just like real humans do - then you'd expect it follow similar laws to real life as well.

The tunnels are not even that "tiny". It's a huge tunnel system & I am pretty sure they are not even underground at this point. Admittedly I am not an expert if Arakawa made a mistake with this, then she made a mistake.

Quote:

spoiler[It is understandable for Roy to be angry. But up until now he's been a cool customer, even when the uprising was going on. Even when he was blowing out Envy's eyes. And yet, all of a sudden, Envy is in a pitiful state and he gets that angry? It is like an oven that was suddenly transformed into a blast furnace. The fury he had was as sudden as it was Over The Top. It was supposed to be Roy's Big Dramatic Scene but it just wasted literally half the episode.]

LOL you are trying to tell me that Roy was a cool customer during episode 53? Wow so it seems until the anime actually explained to you in episode 54 that yes Roy was extremely angry you thought he was just fine. As soon as Envy showed himself as Gracia, Roy went berserk.

As for the uprising that's a completely different issue. Why should that get him upset?

Quote:
spoiler[Envy is superior; he doesn't age, he is almost immortal, and he has super powers. He is most certainly superior to humans. Maybe he has to obey orders but then so does everyone who works in the bottom rung of an office, so he isn't inferior at any rate. Why would he be envious, except for made-up reasons that are all in your head?]

spoiler[I guess you never saw how pathetic Envy's true form was. Also Envy is not stronger than humans (well maybe against a normal human he is and on a one to one basis.)

But I guess you ignore the fact that he was beaten by Marcoh. Or the fact that Ling and Ran Fan were also easily able to fight him. In fact he only was able to beat Ling in vol 12 or so when he turned into Ran Fan. Envy is not strong. He is pathetic and his strength is in manipulation. This is the power of the weak.

He also sees that humans might not have physical strength but they make that up in other ways.]

Quote:

I cannot remember properly, but in the first series I don't recall Al's soul rejecting the suit of armour.

This isn't the first series.

Quote:

I can understand why Al would want to go back to his original body, soul rejection or not, but Ed? With the sort of mechanical limbs they have, why isn't half the soldiers in the army equipped with automail? The number of times Ed's automail has saved his life are numerous, so why is he wanting to go back?

The emphasis on getting their bodies back has always been mainly on Al's body. In the end I don't think it's really that important to Ed to get his arm and leg back in the way it is important for him to get Al's body back.

But really automail's strength is pretty similar in both series. Why did Ed want to get back his arm and leg in the first series? Automail is not the most comfortable thing in the world, the maintenance is a pain, and so forth. Not everything is about strength which you seem to think.

Quote:

spoiler[Because he is superior, he looks down on humans. If I had his sort of powers I too would put down humans, torture them, kill them, insult their mothers. Because that's what superior people do.]

No superior people don't feel the need to do these type of things but then you do seem to be the type of person who would.

Quote:
spoiler[
Alex is flesh and muscle and bone. And moustache. His alchemy does not extend to making him more than physically human. Therefore, if he gets hit by a blow powerful enough to smash concrete, his skull is going to cave in just like anyone else's.

Sloth was bullet-proof and explosive-proof, and now he can be severely injured by bullets, pointy rocks and by metal gauntlets (and remember, Armstrong has no power over destroying flesh using alchemy).]

I will give you the benefit of the doubt here, It's been awhile since I read the chapters covering this fight and I have not seen the episode yet so I can't argue your points. But since you seemed to be mixed up about so many other things I wouldn't be surprised if you were here as well. And I don't recall Sloth being any of these _______proofs that you mentioned. I think you are mixing up the fact that since Sloth is a homunculus it takes a lot to kill him not that those things are incapable of hurting him.

Quote:

Hah. Are you telling me there was not a single loyal State Alchemist of any note in Central? That Scar killed every alchemist in the most important city of the nation, and that none took their places?

Yes hah there are not that many state alchemists to begin with, so it's easy to assume Scar killed them all.

Also Father does not need any to take their place. The State alchemist position was put in place to discover worthy sacrifices, well he found them. As for fighting well he has the homunculus for that.

Quote:

Exactly. You only need one to completely wipe out Briggs' forces, so that must mean there isn't a single loyal State Alchemist in the entire city. Thankyou for making my job so much easier.

No what I meant is there were not that many state alchemists to begin with because there did not need to be.

Quote:
Now, if you are going to keep on writing drivel, then consider this your first and only reply from me.

Pot calling the kettle black. Most of the things you wrote just seem to be things you made up in your head. They certainly are not in Brotherhood or the manga. My favorite is Envy being a martial artist.

Also it's common courtesy to put spoilers in spoiler tags. The episode has not been released by Funi yet.

Last edited by Maidenoftheredhand on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:11 am; edited 5 times in total
kpk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Also KPK

spoiler[yes Envy saw Riza in episode 53. He even smirked when he saw her. And why would Envy change into Roy. Wow you obviously missed the part when Envy turned into Gracia when he killed Hughes. Envy likes to torture people like that. Having her killed by someone that looks like Roy is right up Envy's alley. And not to mention Riza is not some helpless weakling.

Also Envy's hatred and jealousy of humans was foreshadowed throughout the series. He is "Envy" after all. Unlike a lot of people I never felt Envy was that strong, but he had an ability (taking the appearance of someone else) that allowed him to manipulate and trick his enemies. But the fact that he had to change his appearance to trick was always a weakness to me]

spoiler[Oh, you're right, my bad.. (But they didn't show this part in Brotherhood)
And I still don't get why for him to bother when he's on the run.. Seem pointless to me.
I didn't complained about his hatred and jealousy of humans (though i don't think you're right that it was "foreshadowed throughout the series"), I complained about the execution. About what Ed said. That "Humans are pointless and stupid beings! NO wait, they're actually smart, and great!"-dialog they are throwing in our face throughout the entire show.. And about how is it that the good guys are ALWAYS one step ahead of the bad guys plan Confused
All of.. just really bugs me Confused

I love the Manga (and Brotherhood) but it's not as perfect as you think it is..]
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:43 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

Because he is superior, he looks down on humans. If I had his sort of powers I too would put down humans, torture them, kill them, insult their mothers. Because that's what superior people do.

Good god! What the hell is wrong with you? I am smarter than my dog, but I do not torture or kill my dog because I am not insane.

Also I suggest you look into suspension of disbelief, FMA is shonen and shouldn't be bound by our universes physics.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:21 am Reply with quote
[quote="kpk"]
spoiler[Oh, you're right, my bad.. (But they didn't show this part in Brotherhood) ]

They actually did in episode 53. And the other thing you mentioned was foreshadowed in the series, I wrote a long post to Amarielah about instances from the manga.

And you are right the manga is not perfect. Some criticisms are valid. But a lot of times from what I have seen people criticize because they miss things.

For example what you say here:

spoiler[
About what Ed said. That "Humans are pointless and stupid beings! NO wait, they're actually smart, and great!"-dialog]

That's not what he said:

spoiler[He said yes humans are flawed & weak BUT their strength lies in how they don't give up and they pick each other up again. It's not about one it's about everyone. ]

Was it a corny line of course but it is a constant theme in the series & it's not a contradiction.

Quote:
And about how is it that the good guys are ALWAYS one step ahead of the bad guys plan Confused
All of.. just really bugs me Confused

I don't know if I would say they are always one step ahead of the villains. We do see how they like the villains have made their own plans so it doesn't come out of nowhere but yeah I admit at this point I can see why it might seem things are going too easy for the good guys.
drdr48

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Dammit! only two more chapters have left to the Manga and 9 more for Brotherhood! And after that there will be no more FMA... Forever!
I don't want it to end! I don't want to!! Crying or Very sad
Dune

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Lil' disclaimer- A few episodes ago Brotherhood passed the point where the manga is in the US, so from now on my comments are based solely on Brotherhood. Granted, I've read a few spoilers here and there for upcoming stuff, but for the most part I don't know how the manga compares.

Episode 54 was really good! In terms of how it was presented, at least, give or take a few moments. I thought this was the most enjoyable episode so far from this last arc. For once, Brotherhood fills an entire episode with loud dramatic music without the music going way over the top, it actually seemed to fit the circumstances quite well here (and they even silenced the "Fullmetal Alchemist!" guy for the first time). Envy's VA really poured her heart into her last few scenes. Animation was good too. Unfortunately I have to agree with those who said that the character-work is a little wonky. IMO Everything works out too neatly in favor of 'humans unite and put aside their differences when threatened', especially with someone like Scar on the sidelines.

I also have to agree that Armstrong should have been killed by now, but I'm sorely tempted to overlook that since Armstrong hasn't been in an actual fight since... what, the Greed episodes? That's a long time without any action by the Major. I miss his manly sparkles. Issues aside, this was a fairly enjoyable episode. It would be great if the next batch of episodes could keep this up.

(Nitpick time) Here's something that confused me. What exactly did Scar mean by "He (Envy) won't last much longer"? There are three possibilities I can think of.
1. Envy is no longer a threat, so don't worry about him.
2. Envy is going to commit suicide.
3. Envy is dying anyway.

Since Envy's small form acts like a parasite, position 1 can't be true; I doubt Scar could foresee Envy's suicidal thoughts so position 2 is unlikely; if the last one is true then that would mean that Mustang is responsible for Envy's death, and I refuse to believe that, given the general tone of the scene. Confused
Dune

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 55: This episode has its fun moments, though the best part is the cliffhanger. I loved Bradley announcing his return over the radio like that. Definitely one of the better cliffhangers in this series, even if it's a little hard to believe that the entire Amestrian military was almost overthrown in just a few hours. (I know they had to deal with zombies and rebel soldiers, but still.) The clues about Father's personality were appreciated, and I'll be looking forward to further talk about the 'perfect being.'

It was also nice to see the Armstrongs team up with Izumi and Sig. This is technically the first time Major Armstrong's gotten a theme song dedicated to him, isn't it? Well, it fits. The tune reminds me of the Japanese Kimba the White Lion theme. If I could add one thing to this fight, it would be some foreshadowing or acknowledgment that Sloth was running out of lives.

Btw- I looked through some old FMA threads and found a reference to an old German film series about an evil, emotionless homunculus wielding political power and opposed by an identical twin. Kind of interesting to see where Arakawa might have gotten her inspiration.

THE HORROR FILM by Stephen Prince wrote:
The six-part serial Homunculus (1916-1917) was one of the most acclaimed productions of the war years, but only a confusing print of the fourth part and a fragment of the fifth survives. The Danish star Olaf Fonss played the title role as "the man without soul," an artificial human created by science. Homunculus is brought up thinking that he is a normal man, but finds himself unable to feel love, because he was created without love. When he discovers the truth, he vows to avenge himself. He wanders the Earth, haunted by his inability to feel the passionate emotions of the humans around him. He becomes embittered and malevolent; he invents a chemical destructive enough to set the whole world on fire, but decides that is too crude a way of avenging himself upon humanity. Instead, he uses his superhuman gifts to rise to a great political power, which he deliberately uses to sow discord between the people and their rulers. The world descends into chaos and strife. Finally, the scientist who made Homunculus makes a new, identical being. The two homunculi meet in a titanic struggle; the old one triumphs, but is then destroyed by a thunderbolt from heaven.
Dune

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:11 am Reply with quote
This thread is way too lonely. Anyway, this is hilarious. Being a soldier in Central isn't easy. Laughing Also, anyone else laugh when everyone in Roy's group was punching away at the Fuhrer candidates (even Roy!), and then Riza just goes and shoots them?

Pride, pshh. Bradley continues to be the most interesting character, though Greed had some nice moments. Father has potential to be good too, depending on where they take him. His reveal (especially the way his ate his own skin) was appropriately creepy. So he's gone from being a mirror of Hohenheim to being a mirror of Truth... After rewatching some of the earlier material on Adult Swim, like that one scene where Alphonse first meets his own double via the Truth, it's nice to see how cyclical some things are. Should be interesting to see what happens next episode... since Alphonse and Father are both the closest to the Truth, in a sense, having them finally face off will probably reinforce certain parallels.

I have mixed feelings about the forced human transmutation. Admittedly it's nice (err-- sort of) for the heroes to finally face their first big downer moment, aside from the earlier deaths of Fuu and Buccaneer. Sorry Roy, but I kinda hope you still stay blind, if only because I don't want the main characters to walk away from this too unscathed. But to have Pride and Wrath simply force Mustang to preform alchemy seems odd. For one, Father's had nearly 400 years to prepare for this moment, he's obsessively covered every detail that needs to happen for the Promised Day to work, but he waited until the very last minute to make the key ingredient work? Um, what? And they didn't have any spares or anything, in case Mustang wouldn't cooperate or was killed? Also, earlier in the show, it was implied that acting out alchemy took some willful concentration. Like when Ed was creating his spear during his alchemy exam. Maybe adding Dr. Goldtooth to the equation changed things, so it's possible that point is moot.

Earlier in the show we got an out-of-the-blue hint that Ed would defeat Truth. It will probably be true in a sense, the same way that Lust's somewhat-out-of-the-blue line about Mustang's eyes turned out to be literal foreshadowing. I hope this whole deal with Mustang isn't a late attempt to portray Truth as some overly cruel mechanism that needs to be abolished by Ed. Though I really have to wait and see how things work out in that respect. Hard to believe there are only a handful of episodes left.

So, I take it that Bradley is dying now? Having Scar be his final opponent wasn't exactly expected, but it will do. Did Scar really block Wrath's swords with just his hand? He can do that? Shocked

Last edited by Dune on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:17 am Reply with quote
I think the forced human transmutation thing is complete B.S. (and I explain why here), but the last episode was still pretty good aside from that. Alphonse with his body at the Gate was a great scene. Poor kid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dune

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:46 am Reply with quote
The execution of this last arc generally seems much better than the preceding ones (when taken as a whole, at least--it's far less 'hit or miss' now). It probably helps that there's more focus on Bradley, you're right when you said that BONES really steps it up whenever he comes into play.

EDIT: Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that I enjoyed the recent Dante cameo.
drdr48

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote
60:

spoiler[WTF?! God?!?!?!?!

I thought there is no God, despite what the Truth said to Ed in episode 2.
So now Arakawa say that there actually IS one?
I'm confused Confused ]
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:59 pm Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:
60:

spoiler[WTF?! God?!?!?!?!

I thought there is no God, despite what the Truth said to Ed in episode 2.
So now Arakawa say that there actually IS one?
I'm confused Confused ]

spoiler[I thought the Truth was God. At least, "Father" seems to view him/it as such.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 62 of 64