• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: 120-Page Preview of Naruto Manga Volume 45 Online Free for a Limited Time Only on shonenjump.com

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Anybody gonna take advantage of this? I for one am going to wait.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm reading through volumes 42, 43, and probably also 44 tonight. I can't resist; it's too good. So then I'm going to move onto volume 45 at some point at shonenjump.com...

And then read the scanlations for the rest!

Of course I'm still subscribed to Shonen Jump so I'm still paying for the chapters.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I know I will take advantage of this. (Even if I have read all the chapters to date via mostly scanlations) because I want to help support this troubled otaku industry. Plus, with the average tankoubon being about 200 pages, 120 pages is 60% of that. Yet another bonus, volume 45 was only released in Japan within the last 7 months. That is, catching up to the Japanese release dates (with optional chapter samples online) is a way to fight scanlations. Finally team this up with simulcast legitimate subbed Shippuden episodes on CrunchyRoll.com and Naruto.com (though the 16 hour difference of Tokyo and my native Glendale, AZ isn't an issue), Viz/TV Tokyo/related companies is doing a great job in fighting piracy.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow.

Wow, wow. I've finally read through everything Viz has released so far, including the May 2009 issue of Shonen Jump, and that brought me up to and including chapter 424. This manga is simply outstanding, superbly fantastic, and altogether an emotional roller coaster.

I love it. Thank you, Kishimoto.

Now, I believe Japan is right now at chapter 441 or 442, so now (now now now) the official English release is going to stay only ~20 chapters behind the Japanese one, which is really really good.

However now that it's this close, and since I'm still subscribed to Shonen Jump and still paying for the chapters, I'm just going to read the scanlations to go the small extra jump to catch up with Japan.

Exciting times indeed.

Also, I know Weekly Shonen Jump is released every week on Monday, but when are the newest chapters uploaded online? And when do they end up getting translated?

EDIT:

No one? Well I just caught up tonight, and read up through chapter 442, which I noticed was uploaded online, translated, last night (Thursday, 4/2).

So, did that chapter 442 come from last Monday's (3/30) WSJ, or next Monday's (4/6) WSJ?

And again, this manga is purely amazing.
population_tire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm still trying to catch up from the FIRST time viz jumped ahead...
Can someone tell me which volums they skipped this time? I know the first was 17-27...
braves

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quote
population_tire wrote:
Can someone tell me which volums they skipped this time? I know the first was 17-27...

They released vols. 34-44 in 3 months starting back in February.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1