• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Natsu no Arashi on April 5

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boznia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:57 am Reply with quote
This was one of the few shows I was curious about, so...woo!
Luna Loving

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:22 am Reply with quote
I agree. Hopefully we' ll see some more of the humour we found in School Rumble. I' m watching this!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:28 am Reply with quote
Am I going to have to wait a week to watch the newest episode (IE I won't be able to watch episode 1 till next Sunday)?

I didn't particularly mind it with Skip Beat! and I understand they need to give some priority to those who pay them, I just wish it would say right in the article whether or not there will be a week delay for new episodes or not.
bayoab

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:45 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Am I going to have to wait a week to watch the newest episode (IE I won't be able to watch episode 1 till next Sunday)?

I didn't particularly mind it with Skip Beat! and I understand they need to give some priority to those who pay them, I just wish it would say right in the article whether or not there will be a week delay for new episodes or not.

All TV Tokyo simulcast shows (that start on time) are same day ep 1 and ep2+ are delayed a week for non-paying members.
jetz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:42 am Reply with quote
I'm also curious about the show, but I read an article about the visuals recently and it is quite disappointing if you compare it to the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kokuryu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:30 am Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
I'm also curious about the show, but I read an article about the visuals recently and it is quite disappointing if you compare it to the manga.

Everyone keeps saying the "visuals are a dissapointment". I think its quite the opposite - the visuals look EXACTLY like the manga. I dont think anyone that said the visuals were a dissapointment have ever SEEN the manga. The art style is different than many other mangas. The art for the anime looks perfect when compared to the manga. It's not the glitzy art found in a lot of newer anime.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
I am going to give this series a chance, but only because the creator of this series made School Rumble. But to be honest, I am not really expecting much.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
jetz wrote:

Everyone keeps saying the "visuals are a dissapointment". I think its quite the opposite - the visuals look EXACTLY like the manga. I don't think anyone that said the visuals were a dissapointment have ever SEEN the manga. The art style is different than many other mangas. The art for the anime looks perfect when compared to the manga. It's not the glitzy art found in a lot of newer anime.
On Crunchyroll the visuals will look 5 times worse
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm more excited about this than the FMA:B news. Awesome.
kill-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I hate SHAFT.

In "Natsu No Arashi" only the main characters and the setting are taken from the manga.

The story, once again, is completely rewritten.

The art/animation/effects are great, but I must say SHAFT is SO CLOSE to ruin another good story ... like they did in Negima 2nd season.
Sentire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Definitely a bonus. I haven't read the manga... so any differences between the two won't affect my opinion of the series. I'm looking forward to this more than FMA as well.
The_X_box_360

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Saw it at Crunchyroll.com earlier today. Video quality was freaking amazing at 480p. It doesn't get any better definition or faster than that on the internets, trust me.

The old school art style kind of turns me off, but the plot was very very interesting.
Oh well, if I can sit through an entire season of Linebarrels' art style, I should be able to get over Natsu no Arashi's bad art and enjoy the series all the same.

Last edited by The_X_box_360 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:41 pm Reply with quote
kill-chan wrote:
I hate SHAFT.

In "Natsu No Arashi" only the main characters and the setting are taken from the manga.

The art/animation/effects are great, but I must say SHAFT is SO CLOSE to ruin another good story ... like they did in Negima 2nd season.

Oh no! Different means bad! It is sacrilege to change a series when adapting it from manga to anime!
kill-chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
kill-chan wrote:
I hate SHAFT.

Oh no! Different means bad! It is sacrilege to change a series when adapting it from manga to anime!

aww, come on! I didn't mean it that way! Laughing

I mean... SHAFT's forte is NOT storywriting, ok?
Negima fans know what I mean, that's all... it's just a waste to let those guys ruin such a refreshing series like this

EDIT: ooooopsy Razz
a birdy told be this show actually follows the manga... in a strange way it seems Embarassed

gomen Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Waryas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
The_X_box_360 wrote:
Saw it only Crunchyroll.com earlier today. Video quality was freaking amazing at 480p. It doesn't get any better definition or faster than that on the internets, trust me.

The quality was so amazing it had :
- Jerky animations
- Banding all over the places
- Chroma bleeding everywhere

So much for a paid service, lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2