• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero 1 - 6 streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote
i'm barely hanging on, but episode 7 came with the beginning of a plot, so here's hoping something actually happens other than Haruka being the butt monkey
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote
manhiem wrote:
I'm not sure who the target audience for this show would be. Misogynists? Personally, I don't know of anyone who would be able to watch this show and enjoy it.

Right here, dude! I'm the target audience for this. Each week, me and my buddies watch Akatsuki be a BOSS for 20 minutes, and we have a blast.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I see this anime about on the same level as Dakara H. The protagonist and his sexist and domineering ways are amusing, and I really just light up when I see all of the Queen's Blade references, especially that short where he bests some of the QBR girls. Still, these series feel too weak on the erotic content, the recent Hoods anime have spoiled me and ARMS is just lagging far behind.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
here's hoping he can be a boss with a plot

Last edited by getchman on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Pretty much sums up the things wrong with this show. It really does a bad job with plot. I like many fanservice shows, but this is by far the worst, it doesn't even try telling a story, or developing its characters properly. All hail the lame fanservice, that's the only important thing.Rolling Eyes

And so true at Akatsuki being very unlikeable. We finally have an MC in a show like this where he's not a wimp, but it's for the worst. This guy is just so unlikeable.spoiler[I mean he's stealing underwear all the time, making Miu's boobs bigger than Tite Kubo could ever want for his characters in Bleach, and more.]He's the worst of perverted protagonists.

High School DxD's Issei was likeable, Heaven's Lost Property's Tomoki was likeable, but this guy, not likeable at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
I like many fanservice shows, but this is by far the worst, it doesn't even try telling a story, or developing its characters properly.

Oh yeah? You think this is bad?
Check this out: anime#12728
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:40 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
ShanaFan852 wrote:
I like many fanservice shows, but this is by far the worst, it doesn't even try telling a story, or developing its characters properly.

Also, yes, Tomoki was an awesome protagonist. But how the hell was Issei likable?
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
ShanaFan852 wrote:

What are you talking about? Manyū Hiken-chō developed its protagonist enormously, although at the expense of some secondary characters. It was the whole point of the show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
I was nervous about being the one to review it, but no one else wanted it, so...*shrug*

You should have just said that you drew the short-straw as opposed to admitting that you chose to watch it Razz

Joking aside, yeah, I agree this show is junk. I like my fanservice and all, but this one crosses the line and made me very uncomfortable. Plus, the character designs aren't even attractive at all. Possibly the most unattractive designs in a harem show I've seen in recent years.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
What are you talking about? Manyū Hiken-chō developed its protagonist enormously, although at the expense of some secondary characters. It was the whole point of the show.

And the award for Quote of the Year goes to . . .
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
manhiem wrote:
I'm not sure who the target audience for this show would be.

Simple. It's for sexless nerds who will never actually get to know a real woman, because if they had any social tact, they wouldn't be watching this affront to animation.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering Chagen46, aren't you currently one of those "sexless nerds"? Or have you since found an Otaku girl who's into diapers?

Look. Don't get all high and mighty and insult those who watch this show, especially when your very insults could be used to accurately describe yourself.

Is it a good show? No. I'll be the first to admit it. In fact, in this thread I was the first to say it. But don't make sweeping generalisations and tarnish everyone with the same brush.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:

MOD NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN IMAGE BOARD. ALSO: YOU ARE NOT FUNNY.

Edit: Fair enough, I'll just say that Surrender Artist made a funny joke. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen anyone actually use the IMG tag, even though it's available. And for the record, neither are you.

Last edited by DmonHiro on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Why is "having a girlfriend" considered validation that elevates you above being a pervert? You could have an equally perverted and nerdy girlfriend who enjoys the same trash anime you do. "I've had sex and now I can never have fun with anime nudity ever again". How does this argument even work? Getting your rocks off with a real person doesn't preclude you from deriving enjoyment Hagure Yuusha or Dakara H.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
ShanaFan852 wrote:

Also, yes, Tomoki was an awesome protagonist. But how the hell was Issei likable?

I liked Issei because he finally powered up and beat the shit out of that douche bag toolbox Riser Phenex. I hope there is a second season so he can do it again to even more douchier foes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5