• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero 1 - 6 streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I liked Issei because he finally powered up and beat the shit out of that douche bag toolbox Riser Phenex. I hope there is a second season so he can do it again to even more douchier foes

True, Hagure does suffer a little from the fact that Akatsuki's playing on New Game+, and got to keep his level and skills from the first "playthrough". So right now... nobody can touch him. Then again, it's not often that the MC starts off super-powerful, and actually gets to stay that way forever.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
maybe that champion from the other world will give him some trouble or maybe the student council president will finally start that fight he picked back in episode 1. I'll take any kind of altercation other than Haruka constantly making a fool out of herself.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
manhiem wrote:
I'm not sure who the target audience for this show would be. Misogynists? Personally, I don't know of anyone who would be able to watch this show and enjoy it.

Right here, dude! I'm the target audience for this. Each week, me and my buddies watch Akatsuki be a BOSS for 20 minutes, and we have a blast.

A boss that makes girls pee themselves.

Yeah! Gonna humiliate women like a boss!
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Didn't see people whining about the opposite when Occult Academy came out. Talk about double standards. People who bitch about sexism are filled with it.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote
And to think I actually thought you were a decent person, Egoist.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
/blush
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Didn't see people whining about the opposite when Occult Academy came out. Talk about double standards. People who bitch about sexism are filled with it.

"No, YOU'RE the racist!"

Why do people think this is some ironclad argument?
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Yikes, been found to be a sexist and a racist at once. Talk about a bad day. What's next, hypocrite? Whooops.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:25 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Yikes, been found to be a sexist and a racist at once. Talk about a bad day. What's next, hypocrite? Whooops.

at least you still have a sense of humor
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

I don't remember the males in Occult Academy being sexually harassed and sexually humiliated by the female lead.
drale

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:31 pm Reply with quote
@Princess_Irene I'm sorry if I was a little rude in my earlier post, I just get frustrated constantly seeing these (albeit trashy) fan service shows reviewed poorly for their abundance of fan service. I appreciate what you and every other reviewer does here on this site and I am glad you took the time to write about the show. Who knows, it might have been better if you were able to watch it on AT-X, because from your descriptions that censoring sounds just terrible.

@DmonHiro Issie was likable because he was always the underdog. Sure he was perverted and kind of a creep at times, but in anime-land that's okay when you're in high school. I was in his corner from episode 1, though, where he literally gets his heart ripped from his chest by the first woman he has ever come to truly love... maybe I'm just sensitive because I've been in similar circumstances; none ever turned into fallen-angel demon things, but some came pretty close.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

Thank god, that makes me much less of an evil sexist who can't think of an original argument.

the Rancorous wrote:
I don't remember the males in Occult Academy being sexually harassed and sexually humiliated by the female lead.

I assume you slept through a couple of episodes.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
For all those with negative comments, why are you a. reading this review and b. watching the show if its so bad. You know who this is target at? The same people who watch High School Dxd, TLR, IS, Zombie Desu, etc.

So its okay to watch a show with "preschoolers", excuse me moe characters killing each other in shows like Madoka or fantasizing about each other in shows like Yuri Yuri. Thats okay, and not offensive. But clearly a show where a man is liked by several female characters is misogynistic and other such nonsensical adjectives.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
getchman wrote:

Thank god, that makes me much less of an evil sexist who can't think of an original argument.

im honestly not sure how im supposed to be reading this
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
For all those with negative comments, why are you a. reading this review and b. watching the show if its so bad. You know who this is target at? The same people who watch High School Dxd, TLR, IS, Zombie Desu, etc.

Yes, but that doesn't mean it is an exclusive club. That doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to watch it or talk about it. That doesn't mean the show is immune from being criticised and rated.

CrownKlown wrote:
So its okay to watch a show with "preschoolers", excuse me moe characters killing each other in shows like Madoka or fantasizing about each other in shows like Yuri Yuri. Thats okay, and not offensive. But clearly a show where a man is liked by several female characters is misogynistic and other such nonsensical adjectives.

Way to simplify things, way to go. PMMM is far more complex than that, and the girls around Akatsuki are little else but eye-candy. But hey, at least they aren't fighting over who gets to cook for him. If they were, I would be so outta here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5