• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Tales of Tales

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah, all of this came out when I was putting up the column. Just couldn't wait, could we, tri-Ace?
vapwaazu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:25 am Reply with quote
Oh Japan they're oh so subtle use of milk on faces. C'mon Bamco, Avex already did this "joke" on Super Eurobeat 77. And they at least had the decency to do it on a woman who probably would not get you arrested if you showed the picture to a cop. Laughing

The Sunday x Magazine game REALLY makes me wanna get a PSP meself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
QXZ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:20 am Reply with quote
From the article:
Quote:
Puyo Puyo should be readily familiar to most of you: it first came here as Kirby's Avalanche and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine in the 1990s, and DS owner saw it as Puyo Pop Fever back in 2005.

Puyo Pop Fever actually had releases on several other platforms, including Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance... even the Macintosh (Shocked -- surprise!). The DS and GameCube versions were the only ones given a North American release, though.

But a new Puyo Puyo game? Color me interested; I've enjoyed the Puyo formula since Dr. Robotkin's Mean Bean Machine.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:19 am Reply with quote
Cross of Venus, huh. Kino sounds really out of place in that setting. The rest I can kind of understand, though I fail to see what makes Taiga a JRPG heroine.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quote
I hope the remake of the first Silent Hill game will also have better English voice acting. Seriously, Harry Mason and Cheryl's acting from the original game was so deadpan that it just didn't fit in with the context of the game.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NOT 2010!!!

Ah man, I was looking forward to 'Sands of Destruction' aka 'World of Destruction'. GRRRRRR!!!!

Well, you knew it was only going to be a matter of time that a 'QB' game was coming. I'm sure the fanboys will be lining up to get that one. Man it's like 'Advanced Variable Geo' (I do happen to like the OVA) all over again but with more "....." that would make a person's eyes bleed. I'm shocked they have a male character. Well, at least his clothes won't get ripped off. Gee developers how dare you deny those QB fanboys some serious eye candy by not putting it on the PS2?

Oh well. Chibi is just as fun. Razz

Silent Hill remake? Didn't they remake that last time?
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote
Delete.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote
Anyone else find the discussion around the Six Days in Fallujah game a bit much?
I hear people saying "too soon", but, then, when's the right moment? I see a game basing itself on current issue, even how much it only covers the surface, is a great thing to see. Some points I can understand why people would be against it, but I'd rather have someone talk about it (like this game) than not at all.

Hayarigami is getting a DS release, but NISA probably won't be releasing that here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:34 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Having never played a Silent Hill game, and owning a Wii, I can see reason why I may play this remake.
Silent Hill 2 is one the greatest games ever made. Even the notoriously hateful Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw loves it.

I refuse to buy the 360 version of Star Ocean: TLH because it just seems like it has to be yet another timed exclusive like Enchant Arm, Eternal Sonata and now Tales of Vesperia. I would rather wait to see if it comes to the PS3 and not have to deal with the idiotic disc swapping that you have to do so you can go back to previous planets at the end of the game.

And, I have to agree with Generic, Kino just seems completely out of place there, but anything that will get the series more exposure is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
DFBTG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:17 am Reply with quote
B.K. wrote:
DFBTG wrote:
I wonder when they'll start putting games on the 360/PS3. At least, I don't believe they have yet.

They've published a couple games for the 360 already. There really aren't any PS3 games for them to do right now.

Well I suppose what I should have said is have they put any good games out yet? The only one I'm aware of that they've even put out is some Zoids game. While I do love Zoids, I heard the game is crap and every review I've seen has pretty much concluded the same. Oh, and Spectral Force 3, which also didn't fair to well with reviews. Now that I've got that out of the way, I'm wondering when/if they'll put out a Persona 5. And I swear, if I so much as hear a rumor that it'll be on any system but the PS3/2, even as a multiplat, I'm going to go on a bloody rampage.

Sheleigha wrote:
....yeah heard about this earlier. Yet ANOTHER exclusive (and/or "we will pay you $_____ if you release this on 360 BEFORE PS3") going onto PS3. Kinda makes my 360 purchause even more worthless :/ Oh well, hoping for maybe SOME kind of exclusive (at least I still have Fable 2 in mind, even with the short gameplay and lacking ending I hear about :/)

Well, at least you're not in the same boat. I personally never really wanted a 360, but that's what my family got for Christmas. That being said, what exclusives it does have make it worth it; if you like mindless, brain dead dreck (with few exceptions). My bashing aside, Fable 2 is a good, fun game. Played through it three times to get all the 'different' endings (yes, they are different, but I don't really see the point) and enjoyed it each time. Plus the local co-op makes for a good time with a friend. Also, each play through took me about 25-30 hours because I did all the side missions and what have you.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:17 am Reply with quote
Kind of disappointed you didn't mention Yu "Shen Mu" Suzuki retiring. Crying or Very sad
FeralKat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:36 am Reply with quote
Shantae deserves another game. I was so bummed when the GBA game was put on hiatus. Sad
cool3865

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote
none of the Silent Hill games have ever received a re-make. I remember playing the first one when it first came out for the PS1 and being scared to death on it.

I hope this remake will be really good as the game needs one badly.

Also like Varmintx said, SH2 is the best survival horror game to have ever come out. Seriously they did something great to it that not even the RE series can get into. (queue RE fan kids)
konkonsn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:00 pm Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
And, I have to agree with Generic, Kino just seems completely out of place there, but anything that will get the series more exposure is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, the one figurine I can find of Kino (that's not sold out...damn, I love that badass one with the gun smoke too) is of her in a high school gym uniform. I believe she's supposed to be of high school age, and thus may be fetishized as such. Add in how utterly awesome she is with her guns, and I say she seems like a good addition.

It's funny that all this QB stuff is coming out. I only heard about the franchise a week ago when I stumbled across the new Nowa statue. If I could find a good figurine of Son Goku from Saiyuki, I think it'd be awesome to pose the figures together.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I don't know how much these two things have been brought up in this thread already, but whatever:

-The Sands of Destruction delay to winter 2010 might mean the beginning of 2010, like January or February, when it's still winter. I mean, probably not, but it's still a possibility.

-The DS Shonen Jump crossover games were Jump Super Stars and Jump Ultimate Stars, not "Shonen Jump All-Stars".

Now, also... Queen's Blade is embarrasing, and uh... that's all I have to say. Later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4