• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Noitamina's 1st Psycho-Pass Promo Previews Staff, Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote
I thought when the promo stuff for guilty crown came in a there was a ton of green in it. what makes you think this is seinen instead of shonen. also IG is still the majority stock holder in wit it seems, so effectively IG is still funding this. and I would agree the screen writer for guilty crown was someone to avoid before GC even. however they hyped it like it was an all star team. also where is everyone finding all these rumors about this project. though in fairness many would consider akira amonia (misspelled his last name probably) to be in the same boat was the CG screenwriters and he is the person I have seen as confirmed to be on the project.
also this still looks like it's going to be a Hollywood esqe high budget show with animation and music to match, just like GC, which you seem to agree with.
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Gen's gonna do to Fujoshi what he did to Otaku with Madoka.

Technically I consider that he already did that as the consultant of the BL game Sweet Pool which was disturbing, depressing, disgusting....and utterly brilliant.
danilo07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:02 am Reply with quote
Quote:
what makes you think this is seinen instead of shonen.

Cause the setting reminds of some really famous mature novels,cause from the looks of pictures it really looks like it is trying tech noir atmosphere (highly unusual for shonen)and I know Akira Amanos art enough to recognize that picture is a picture of an adult not a teenager(highly unusual for well anime)
Quote:
also IG is still the majority stock holder in wit it seems, so effectively IG is still funding this.

It is the same story with Xebec,and Xebec is very very different from Production I.G.
Quote:
also where is everyone finding all these rumors about this project.

Every rumor(Gen Urobuchi,Shiotani and Kyoji Asano)were started by them re-tweeting or tweeting some information related to Psycho pass.You can see Gen Urobuchi rumor on even crunchyroll .
Quote:
though in fairness many would consider akira amonia (misspelled his last name probably) to be in the same boat was the CG screenwriters and he is the person I have seen as confirmed to be on the project.

There is no rumor around any Akira to be on this project.
Quote:
also this still looks like it's going to be a Hollywood esqe high budget show with animation and music to match, just like GC, which you seem to agree with.

I don't agree I hope my friend ,I hope.
musouka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Gen's gonna do to Fujoshi what he did to Otaku with Madoka.

Write something inexplicably popular despite thin characterization and a pervading sense of emotional shallowness, just like everything else he writes? Oh goody, just what fujoshi needed.
totoum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Haven't you heard the news.It is most likely not Productio I.G.,but Wit Studio

IG let one of their branches (division 6) become independant so Wit studio was formally part of IG they were in charge of shows like sengoku basara, Kimi ni todoka and.... Guilty Crown.

Not that it worries me since we've got a different director and writer here.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Akira Amano's art? Sign me up for this show.

As this promo offers little else for the deciding factor, I'd say yeah, I'm on board atm.

I may take issue with her storytelling from time to time, but I've always liked almost all of her character designs.

I'm hoping for some conspiracy vs. skewed perception type of story from this, like... the protagonist has to discover if a worldwide conspiracy is afoot and responsible for some terrible, bloody happenings, and so he'll have to convince/rally others to his cause, or if it's all in his head and he's just a crazy guy waving a gun around. Any takers?
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote
I love all the speculation. Let's wait until the 30th, then speculate some more!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
yes the main character is older but that does not mean that it's seinin, and we have not seen any of the art for the series yet other then that trailer which did not reveal anything about the setting.

@musouka it's called representational characters, and the mother of all plot twist one on top of the other. I was ready to drop madoka at times however you have to respect it's ending and what it was able to pull of. second you obviously didn't see fate/zero which had brilliant and deep characters and emotions. I am not a fan of his but he is a good writer who can pull off stuff most professional writers would not be able to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3