• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Omamori Himari Manga Gets TV Anime Green-Lit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:24 am Reply with quote
Oh thank god! There is such a shortage of romance anime featuring an ordinary high school boy and a beautiful girl who is like a spirit or demon or something with lots of slapstick humor and fanservice. Maybe this is a sign that the industry is finally going to stop pumping out lame cookie cutter crap and give us unique, new concepts like this. One can only hope.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:14 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Oh thank god! There is such a shortage of romance anime featuring an ordinary high school boy and a beautiful girl who is like a spirit or demon or something with lots of slapstick humor and fanservice. Maybe this is a sign that the industry is finally going to stop pumping out lame cookie cutter crap and give us unique, new concepts like this. One can only hope.

I'm really having trouble figuring out whether or not you're being sarcastic. I hoping you are Confused
draco_nite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote
It can't be any worse than Kanokon.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

I'm really having trouble figuring out whether or not you're being sarcastic. I hoping you are Confused

It was pretty obviously sarcasm. I mean, they used italics on the word 'such'. People pretty much only do that when they're sarcastic. Furthermore, if they weren't being sarcastic, they wouldn't be able to summarize the show like that.
kill-chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Omg omg omg .

Tv anime?
This one?!! Shocked

The studio needs to put a lot of work in the story.
Yeah, it sure does Very Happy
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

Lovely. The ridiculing of a genre many anime fans, such as myself, enjoy. I hope you feel better now that your rant is over.
mrboldy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:51 pm Reply with quote
YES!!! lols very pleased with this info Very Happy
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:21 am Reply with quote
JairStout wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

Lovely. The ridiculing of a genre many anime fans, such as myself, enjoy. I hope you feel better now that your rant is over.

Yes I do actually. If something has to be a piece of pandering, cliche ridden garbage, at least I can ridicule it and feel a little better.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:08 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

Agreed, there is a lack of Shows Like Seto No Hanayome that totaly take said primace and give it the slap of awesome.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:06 am Reply with quote
draco_nite wrote:

Kanokon did it right. Fore go plot for the most part for the sake of fanservice upon fanserive. Works better than trying to be serious but then add in tons of fanservice, like Shuffle!. If you're going to have fanservice, go all out like they did.
draco_nite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
draco_nite wrote:

Kanokon did it right. Fore go plot for the most part for the sake of fanservice upon fanserive. Works better than trying to be serious but then add in tons of fanservice, like Shuffle!. If you're going to have fanservice, go all out like they did.

More like, forego plot, character development, originality, or anything funny. Egregious fanservice is just stupid by itself.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:30 am Reply with quote
At first I didn't notice the romanization of author's pen name; he must be a military geek.

His own profile page wrote:
「武装メイド」「武装看護婦」「武装天使」と何でもやたらと武装させたがる。
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:20 am Reply with quote
I really don't get why people are continually hanged up over originality. I've always been of the opinion that execution > originality in nearly everything.

No ideas original, theres nothin new under the sun
Its never what you do, but how its done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1