• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:51 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
Bandai has long wondered why Gundam got such a lukewarm reception in the US and other areas, and have slowly been coming to some real understandings worldwide that people DO want to see them, but want them un-molested.

Given that no Gundam show has ever been 'molested' I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean.

There's a reason why the remaining older Gundam shows haven't been brought over yet - two of them are the biggest commercial failures in the franchise, and the third is a bad series that has zero appeal outside of a very niche group of people.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Which is why this is perfect for Sunrise to rellease the unreleased Gundam series. It doesn't cost a lot to subtitle, and the streaming is handled by other people. They don't get a lot but they don't pay a lot.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Panon wrote:
Given that no Gundam show has ever been 'molested' I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean.
I'm curious about what he meant by that too. (Although the cynic in my believes it was an anti-dub comment, I'd like to believe there's an actual decent reason.)

Watching Gundam00 on Sci-Fi has made me want to check out more of the franchise, so knowing specifically what "molestation" he's talking about would be nice.
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I would watch Z, ZZ, X, and those other obscure Gundam shows so hard if Bandai would just bring them over here. I haven't been able to catch a satisfying Gundam production since 08th MS!

As for Geass, I wouldn't say I like it, it's pretty generic, but I'll at least finish the show there when they get R2 since Adult Swim seems to have dropped it.
Dr.G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
good to hear. I missed like that last 6-7 eps of the series because of how CN moved it to 5 am.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:14 am Reply with quote
RedSwirl wrote:
As for Geass, I wouldn't say I like it, it's pretty generic, but I'll at least finish the show there when they get R2 since Adult Swim seems to have dropped it.

"Dropped it" as in, "Currently showing two repeat episodes of it every Saturday, with premieres set to resume very soon"?
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:26 am Reply with quote
RedSwirl wrote:

You would call Code Geass generic? I'll admit, there are a lot of people who dislike it, and some for very valid reasons, but I doubt you could find enough evidence to support this claim of yours. Code Geass does many things other series have never done, and takes very big risks in its nearly irrational plot twists (which is probably part of the reason some hate it).
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

Toei is releasing a ton of old anime and holding off on the recent anime like One Piece Personally I don't understand why, but I do like it since it gives me an oppuritunity to watch anime I would never watch like Pretty Cure (suprisingly good, and not disturbing at all)

I just didn't feel it was fair of you to single out Bandai like that, especially when they aren't the only ones releasing new shows while everyone else settles for their classics or other elements of their back catalogue.

Quote:
Also I am not exaggerating my hatred for Code Geass R2, I really do feel that its a complete trainwreck of epic proportions, the plot barely works, Britannia goes through massive Villain Decay, and the ending is the very definition of working only because the writer says it does.

Those might well be your own feelings but for me as long as something "barely works" that is actually not going to be what I'd call a "catastrophe" although this has all already been discussed to death and back.

Quote:
Enough of that, but I am glad that more anime studios are streaming, and Sunrise does have an excellent library of anime that they can dig deep and sub for cheap. I just hope they follow Toei's lead in actually using their library to the best of its abilities.

I'd hope that too, since it would be a good move on their part and something which would benefit the whole lot of us.

I should warn you against paying too much attention to Charred Knight. He loves to troll Bandai/Sunrise shows and is absolutely obsessed with promoting hatred of them at every opportunity.

He's just going to end up BSing you the whole way and will never stop doing it. He'll never be satisfied....not saying ignoring him will help as like I said doing this guys entire purpose for being (why anyone would spend their entire time online seeking out opportunites to post about a show they have an irrational hatred of I don't know), but I'd recommend against getting caught up in it.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
nightjuan wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

Toei is releasing a ton of old anime and holding off on the recent anime like One Piece Personally I don't understand why, but I do like it since it gives me an oppuritunity to watch anime I would never watch like Pretty Cure (suprisingly good, and not disturbing at all)

I just didn't feel it was fair of you to single out Bandai like that, especially when they aren't the only ones releasing new shows while everyone else settles for their classics or other elements of their back catalogue.

Quote:
Also I am not exaggerating my hatred for Code Geass R2, I really do feel that its a complete trainwreck of epic proportions, the plot barely works, Britannia goes through massive Villain Decay, and the ending is the very definition of working only because the writer says it does.

Those might well be your own feelings but for me as long as something "barely works" that is actually not going to be what I'd call a "catastrophe" although this has all already been discussed to death and back.

Quote:
Enough of that, but I am glad that more anime studios are streaming, and Sunrise does have an excellent library of anime that they can dig deep and sub for cheap. I just hope they follow Toei's lead in actually using their library to the best of its abilities.

I'd hope that too, since it would be a good move on their part and something which would benefit the whole lot of us.

I should warn you against paying too much attention to Charred Knight. He loves to troll Bandai/Sunrise shows and is absolutely obsessed with promoting hatred of them at every opportunity.

He's just going to end up BSing you the whole way and will never stop doing it. He'll never be satisfied....not saying ignoring him will help as like I said doing this guys entire purpose for being (why anyone would spend their entire time online seeking out opportunites to post about a show they have an irrational hatred of I don't know), but I'd recommend against getting caught up in it.

Yes, because its not like I have talked up the FMA manga like its the greatest thing ever, complimented the Negima manga at all times, consider Ouran High School Host Club the finest shoujo anime ever, watched about 30 episodes of Slam Dunk in the past three days, and gave Gurren Lagann a perfect 10.

Oh wait I did

Maybe its not me, but Code Geass R2

When will you understand that your opinion is not the only one?

Oh and could you please leave me alone I don't want to argue with you anymore. Lets just get back to talking about at least streaming anime if not streaming Code Geass.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quote
hooray for double posting glitch.

Last edited by Kaioshin_Sama on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
nightjuan wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, because its not like I have talked up the FMA manga like its the greatest thing ever, complimented the Negima manga at all times, consider Ouran High School Host Club the finest shoujo anime ever, watched about 30 episodes of Slam Dunk in the past three days, and gave Gurren Lagann a perfect 10.

Oh wait I did

Maybe its not me, but Code Geass R2

When will you understand that your opinion is not the only one?

Oh and could you please leave me alone I don't want to argue with you anymore. Lets just get back to talking about at least streaming anime if not streaming Code Geass.

When will you understand that people already know your opinion and to just stop with the hate agenda already? Question

Also what is this "I don't want to argue let's get back to topic" feint? You're the one who started this nonsense up again. If you don't want to talk about this and want to stick to the topic why are you always trying to drag things off topic in the first place? That's what everyone has been trying to tell you for ages. None of what you do makes any sense unless you really are just a troll/baiter, which I am already 90% sure of already. If that's somehow not the case though then you are really doing nothing to paint yourself in any other light, and no saying some nice things about other shows doesn't make it look like you have any less of a personal agenda against other shows and their fans.

Well okay even if you rarely make sense, I'll let you try and explain just one thing to me cause I think it will be hilarious. How can a show without a will of it's own possibly be at fault for getting mentioned in an article about it getting streamed and you coming in to bash it? Unless you somehow seriously think a non-living entity like a television show can have a will of it's own and be out to get you somehow in which case I recommend contacting a therapist immediately. Laughing
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

You do know that you can delete your post right?

This is a thread about Code Geass streaming please try to keep on topic.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:19 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

You do know that you can delete your post right?

This is a thread about Code Geass streaming please try to keep on topic.

Yep, troll, no question now.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:21 am Reply with quote
Could you please stop bothering me
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:52 am Reply with quote
Come on, guys. It takes two to tango. If one of you refuses to reply, the argument is over.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2