• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Anime TV Ranking, April 6-12

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quote
You'd think with DBKai's One Piece beating ratings you would think FUNimation would have picked the show up atleast to stream it. If for the only fact that it is the title that made the company.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
You'd think with DBKai's One Piece beating ratings you would think FUNimation would have picked the show up atleast to stream it. If for the only fact that it is the title that made the company.

If the DBKai people are smart, they'll make it a bidding war to get the licensing.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Primus wrote:

If the DBKai people are smart, they'll make it a bidding war to get the licensing.

What compeitition would there be? FUNimation VS. Toei USA?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Primus wrote:

Really only Viz and Funimation would pick this series up so your not going to get those huge bidding wars you got when Geneon and ADV where major players.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
Primus wrote:

Really only Viz and Funimation would pick this series up so your not going to get those huge bidding wars you got when Geneon and ADV where major players.

You'd still wait to see who came up with the better offer. And since American companies are cash-strapped right now, who knows if they could afford it? Honestly, I don't think the DB fanbase is anywhere as big now as it used to be; the kidlets are all into Naruto and Bleach now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2