• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2009-04-17]

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quote
CatzCradle wrote:
Oh damn, anyone else crazy enough to check out the "lolicon" link? That was some incredibly emo stuff written there, but not sure whether to take it seriously or not. Shocked

I clicked and saw pictures. I think that's all I need to say.

Well, there was also a very disturbing video, but not in the lolicon sense. Oh, and it's also now been added to my list of previously viewed videos on YouTube (along with a 6 second reply video that I also wasted my time with). Whoopie.

Jeez, I've seen too much tonight, and too late at night... Ugh...

Alright, so anyway, about this guy, he can do whatever he wants with his lolicon fetish, it's no problem with me, but it's not something I like.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote
Darn, I lost the bet. Good thing that I didn't bet any money, though my pride has been absolutely shattered......
boznia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
The rundown of Today's Modern Otaku (tm) was great.

I don't care how many websites there are, I'm not going to believe that flake is real. I refuse on the grounds that my views of the world need not be ruined any further and to maintain my sanity.

Good to see you back for a week Zac, and good luck to Brian.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quote
I love reading your responses Zac, I've found them to be hilarious no matter what the situation. They had some booth girls for some website that was at AX last year, don't remember what it was but they were scantily clad, I remember that much. Something like "twinkle" or whatever it was.
FeralKat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quote
As much as I like Brian's take, I really miss your version of the column, Zac. Smile
El Oso

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quote
If you go to the "President Akemi Loli Mokoto" page that's on the top of the friends list the About Me section is f*cking hilarious.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:56 am Reply with quote
I don't know why it is, but somehow I've never seen Fullmetal Alchemist as a "fighting anime", so that one letter threw me for a loop. Sure, there are battles in it, but I always saw it as sort of a drama with action elements. It certainly has more natural emotional impact than, say, one of those lame visual novel/h-game/light novel programs.

Anyway, this new Mazinger Z is one of those things you shut your mind off to enjoy. The frantic energy is a lot like Giant Robo's, though it so far hasn't quite the poignance of that title. It is Imagawa directed, though, so I'm supporting it. After watching the second episode, it's begun to make more sense.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:00 am Reply with quote
Uggh.... There's no way that crock is real. As someone else already pointed out, to keep my sanity, I'm going to assume he's not.

And I'm a fan of lolicon myself! Damn that guy....

Oh, and School Days is the anime in the disturbing video he has on his MySpace. That anime traumatized me like nothing else.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I don't know why it is, but somehow I've never seen Fullmetal Alchemist as a "fighting anime", so that one letter threw me for a loop. Sure, there are battles in it, but I always saw it as sort of a drama with action elements. It certainly has more natural emotional impact than, say, one of those lame visual novel/h-game/light novel programs.

Yeah, I was surprised too. I was especially surprised to see it lumped in with Dragonball. I know the definition of shonen can be stretched, but I don't think the fighting was ever the focus of Fullmetal Alchemist.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:08 am Reply with quote
I think that kid created that profile just to piss you off, Zac. If Anon were to find out about him they might hack his profile as well. And I've seen those images on Newgrounds too.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:14 am Reply with quote
Regarding the Flake of the Week....

Normally I try to ignore such things, but this is like an accident scene with MULTIPLE car wrecks: Much as you want to avert your eyes, you can't even though it hurts just to look at the thing. Anime smallmouth Anime exclamation Anime dazed
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:46 am Reply with quote
the sad part is i'm not surprised that this organization actually exists.

well, at least he said was against pedophilia.
watchdog210

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:50 am Reply with quote
Hey Zac, Good to see you around again. Your caustic and biteing humor is as sharp as always. Smile

To the Flake I have only this to say, "The broken condom that resulted in your conception should be on display in a museum as a testement to the futility of human effort in the face of an uncaring universe."

Take that as you will.
the_windcaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:27 am Reply with quote
So how would you abbreviate things like

"President Akemi Loli Makoto"

and

Loli "Fans Against Pedophilia"?

Just wondering.
Metal Superman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quote
Dear dtm42,

I TOLD YOU SO! Razz

Sincerely,

Metal Superman

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to see your narcissism hasn't faltered while you were away, Zac. Very Happy (joking)

Seriously, though. You did an awesome job. You should take over for Brian more often. I miss your sarcastic wit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11