• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Biglobe Poll: Most Anticipated Fall 2012 Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:36 am Reply with quote
It shouldn't be a surprise that nothing in the top five initially appeals to me, although I do think that there's some potential lurking under all of the familiar affectations of Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!. The highest rank series that I expect that I might watch is number six, Magi, despite the demeaned slave-girl in chains promotional image.

I'm almost surprised that K placed so high, because so far as I remember, we know nothing substantive about the story or characters. Then again, some of them have boobs, big ones, which we all know can count for a lot in this market.

Does anybody know why Robotics;Notes is listed twice? By my count, the two listings of it have a total 277 votes, which could put it in eight place, at the expense of Hidamari Sketch × Honeycomb.

I'm disappointed to see Psycho-Pass and From the New World so lowly ranked; those seem like two of the most promising series of the season.

Given how dull the trailer was and this low ranking, I suspect that Girls und Panzer might end up being a considerable disappointment for its production committee. Then again, these polls don't necessarily have great predictive power.

I haven't even heard of most of the bottom of the list. What the Hell is Aikatsu!?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote
lol, it's hard to imagine Gintama not coming back, especially with all the meta/4th wall breaking jokes about how despite the low ratings the dvd sales keep them on the air

Surrender Artist wrote:
I'm almost surprised that K placed so high, because so far as I remember, we know nothing substantive about the story or characters. Then again, some of them have boobs, big ones, which we all know can count for a lot in this market.

That's funny because my distinct impression of K was one of more fujoshi appeal than otaku appeal considering the overwhelming number of bishounen.

Anyways, it's a small, self-selected poll, that's not predictive in any way. Gintama, Little Busters, ToLoveRu Darkness, Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb I expect to do well as far as actual sales. The others, who knows. Some may manage to convince people to actually spend the $500 or so on them, but I always keep my expectations low for the bulk of shows

phoenixalia wrote:
funny how NakaImo was oneo f the most anticipated shows of summer but its gonna sell less than ~1k....

I think it will be the same with Bakuman 3. Despite being ranked relatively high at #7 here, I think most people with watch it, but like Bakuman 2, it'll sell like crap. I'm certain Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb, despite ranking lower will sell many times more than Bakuman 3.

Last edited by configspace on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:33 am; edited 2 times in total
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:25 am Reply with quote
This is my list, not in order:
-Chuunibyou
-LIttle Buster
-Robotics:Notes
-Code:breaker (maybe?)
-Oniichan
-From the new World

I've seeing the first few chapters of Code:breaker, but it was ridiculously badly written. I am a sucker for rom-coms, at least gotta check out the first episode, and From the new World sounds interesting since it is Sci-Fi.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:36 am Reply with quote
Gintama: #1
Cool~ Can't wait to LOL all over again. Cool

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can watch Little Busters! since I've never played a Key game in my life. Same with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure; other than the Rohan at the Louvre manga/artbook, I've never read the comics.

Hayate the Combat Butler, Magi, Robotics;Notes, Kamisama Kiss, Suki-tte Ii na yo, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, and Psycho-Pass have my main interested.

Quote:

I haven't even heard of most of the bottom of the list. What the Hell is Aikatsu!?
It's based on a card game for idol fans.

configspace wrote:

Surrender Artist wrote:

That's funny because my distinct impression of K was one of more fujoshi appeal than otaku appeal considering the overwhelming number of bishounen.

I highly doubt K is for fujoshi fans since Neko (catgirl in PJ's), Anna (token Lolita), and Seri (no explanation needed) were made for male anime fans in mind: https://www.facebook.com/starchild.k/app_458270944186801
shabaz92

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:50 am Reply with quote
skyreno4 wrote:
I can't wait for little buster, is the top show im anticipating on watching ^^, I Hope Sentai licensed it
I also can't wait for watching the show. Although I think the level of complaining that will come because 'lol jc staff' will be epic as well.

In no particular order, my top shows would be Little Busters, Robotics;Notes, Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai. There are several other shows I'm planning on but it's hard to gauge them until actual episodes start airing.
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:56 am Reply with quote
I think the shows I'm most looking forward to are Kamisama Kiss and Say "I Love You"! I definitely want to watch Chūnibyō and Little Busters too because I love KyoAni and Key, but I worry that they won't get simulcasted because they're so high-profile so I'll have to wait a while to see them...
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
I highly doubt K is for fujoshi fans since Neko (catgirl in PJ's), Anna (token Lolita), and Seri (no explanation needed) were made for male anime fans in mind: https://www.facebook.com/starchild.k/app_458270944186801

I think K is gonna try to go the Inu x Boku route where its mainly a fujoshi show but they try to get some otaku to watch with moe designs as well. I have no doubt its main audience will be female though... its got some of the biggest male seiyuu and its character designs look very bishounen.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:

It's based on a card game for idol fans.

More like a card game where you raise your own idol. It's a franchise for little girls.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote
You'd think Psycho-Pass is the kind of thing fangirls would flock over. Perhaps not so many females at Biglobe.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
You'd think Psycho-Pass is the kind of thing fangirls would flock over. Perhaps not so many females at Biglobe.

I think its the lack of info. We've got like one promo pic before this poll was done... its hard to get excited about an anime like that. Plus, I think the female fans are going to be flocking towards Gintama and K this season, not leaving much interest in Psycho-Pass.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I think its the lack of info.

Oh, you probably missed the fangirl bit. All they require is a hot guy.
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
egoist wrote:

I think its the lack of info. We've got like one promo pic before this poll was done... its hard to get excited about an anime like that. Plus, I think the female fans are going to be flocking towards Gintama and K this season, not leaving much interest in Psycho-Pass.

Yeah cause we sure know a lot about K,now dont we.

Last edited by danilo07 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
egoist wrote:

Yeah cause we sure know a lot about K,now didn't we.

K has had like 4 trailers and every character and seiyuu announced. Far more than Psycho-Pass.
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
K has had like 4 trailers and every character and seiyuu announced. Far more than Psycho-Pass.

Well at least we know what Psycho-Pass will be about,which might be a bigger reason for why fujioshi aren't crazy about.
oblivious247

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote
JJBA is my #1. Actually it's probably the most excited I've been about an anime in years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3