• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, April 12-18

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joystick1101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote
ah... Gantz dropped out of the top 10. I can understand chibi vampire more than rosario+vampire last time, I like rosario+vampire but chibi vampire is better, geez w/ vampire knight tats alot of vampire lately. I'm still baffled how Naruto can take like 7 spots but no FMA or Bleach in the top 10
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quote
joystick1101 wrote:
ah... Gantz dropped out of the top 10. I can understand chibi vampire more than rosario+vampire last time, I like rosario+vampire but chibi vampire is better, geez w/ vampire knight tats alot of vampire lately. I'm still baffled how Naruto can take like 7 spots but no FMA or Bleach in the top 10

FMA 18 doesn't come out until May 19th, and I don't think the new "top 10 manga" format has been around long enough for volume 17 to have had a chance to make it on the list.

As for Bleach, I'm sure it'll pop up every now and then.
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Any theories why Naruto 31 is still clinging on?
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:53 pm Reply with quote
joystick1101 wrote:
I like rosario+vampire but chibi vampire is better, geez w/ vampire knight tats alot of vampire lately.

New Twilight book + movie following shortly after = explosion of vampireness, plain and simple...
Tratious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote
joystick1101 wrote:

there is not a new BLEACH manga release until June 2
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:54 am Reply with quote
Tofusensei wrote:
Any theories why Naruto 31 is still clinging on?

This I'm wondering myself right now. Why volume 31 of all volumes? Was there something so special about the storyline in that particular volume that it would join volumes 40-44 on the list?
Rednal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Oh, that?

Well, mostly it's that bestsellers are calculated by how many copies the store buys from the publisher, not how many the stores actually sell. So the stores just happened to buy a lot of that particular volume. That's also why series that are popular regardless might not show up on the bestseller lists.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1