• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Isshoni Training Exercise Anime to Ship on April 24

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hinako was once a human, but she was turned into an anime character when she was a second-year middle-school student.

Terrible idea or awesome idea?

But yeah, I hope some hikkis and otaku get this video and tone themselves Anime smile
Analog_Now

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote
This is a little weird, an animated girl teaching you to work out. Maybe this could get otakus to build some muscle and become athletes haha. It's a possibility right?
muppsatan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Seems like a good idea.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, they aren't even trying anymore. A 16 year old girl in her underwear (see the back of the box) leading exercises. Rolling Eyes It's a fanservice video and nothing more, nobody is actually going to watch this to exercise along with. There's only one "muscle" this is made to make bigger.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
domino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Seems more like a video for guys with an athletic girl fetish than a real exercise training video. A real exercise anime video would be an interesting idea, but I have a feeling that the only exercise that this video will inspire is a workout for one's right hand, if you catch my drift.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
There's only one "muscle" this is made to make bigger.

No, you're forgetting the muscles in the wrist. And... uhh... the fingers too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
muppsatan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Ugh, they aren't even trying anymore. A 16 year old girl in her underwear (see the back of the box) leading exercises. Rolling Eyes It's a fanservice video and nothing more, nobody is actually going to watch this to exercise along with. There's only one "muscle" this is made to make bigger.

Emerje

See now those pcitures needed to be included in the article. Here i actually thought it was a serious product
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Okay, now this is just creepy! It's one thing to work out to a video of an anime girl showing you proper exercise procedure, but to show her at suggestive angles? Sheesh! Confused

If they're gonna show any anime exercise video, how about using Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star? Or any of the Joestars from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?
Beryl7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote
muppsatan wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

See now those pcitures needed to be included in the article. Here i actually thought it was a serious product

Seconded! The idea appears legit until you look at the images... Shocked
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing that AMV's of this will start showing up on YouTube with the background music being "Purippurin Taiso" ("Purippurin Gymnastics Exercise") from the ending of Kemeko Deluxe.

Or "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton-John.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind this so much, if the main character was at least 18. Seriously, it would still be creepy if the main character was a adult, but at least it wouldn't be this bizare.

But what shocks me most is that people actually purchase this type of material.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quote
If the main character was 18, it wouldn't sell nearly as well with the ...ahem... target demographic.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
If the main character was 18, it wouldn't sell nearly as well with the ...ahem... target demographic.

Somehow, I really don't want to know why that is. One would think sales would triple if a adult woman was casted. But again, this is probably a gray area I don't want to think about.
Seljuk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:01 pm Reply with quote
16...18....it's really just a battle of semantics, as at the end of the day, the character is animated, and has no real "age."

Just saying that she is 16 is just there to flip the mental switch of those who are into that sort of thing.

If it motivates even a few people to take up exercise, then this product has done at least a little bit of good. I can't condemn the whole thing.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I think this has the potential to be a little unfair. The animated character, not being restricted to the limits of a real person, could well exhibit a stamina beyond that which could be expected of those participating in her exercises.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3