• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: SDCC Day 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:35 am Reply with quote
Rob wrote:
Robots: The Robot Spirits

That's not hilarious, that's awful. That you find it hilarious must be a safety measure to stop you having a stroke at the sheer craziness - not to mention audacity - of that particular marketing division.

And wow, scantily clad chicks galore. Seeing all of them makes me wonder what kind of fandom I've gotten myself into, a queasy feeling I get every now and then. Yikes. And honestly, yet another Rei? That doesn't make me angry, just a little sad instead.
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:26 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

And wow, scantily clad chicks galore. Seeing all of them makes me wonder what kind of fandom I've gotten myself into, a queasy feeling I get every now and then. Yikes.

Those are my kind of people. Though you forgot to mention the fetish outfits--you gotta have the fetish outfits too. I liked that figure of the girl who "doesn't understand pants"; kind of reminded me of the Masked Hentai version of AIR GEAR's Ringo. I'd love to see an Astro Toy review of the Robots: The Robot Spirits line.
The Risky Penguin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quote
The Michael Jackson line looks too scary to have in your room while you sleep, but still funny to own.

Rob wrote:
Robots: The Robot Spirits

HA!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kummi-ko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
Sonsaku Hakufu was the focus in the first Ikkitousen series, but it ended up being Kanu that empties the fanboys' collective wallets. Hakufu shows up as an afterthought in PVC and garage kit merch now. And Kanu is fast approaching Asuka and Rei as the most over-sculpted anime girl of the decade.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote
Funny. I got that Shunya Yamashita sexy Rei figure. It was a gift from a friend. No, rly. Is it bad when friends contribute to your Rei collection habit?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1