• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Funimation Reveals Level E Dub Cast, English Trailer

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
i enjoyed this mostly for all the physical abuse the prince goes through, mainly because he does stuff to deserve multiple roundhouse kicks to the face. gonna enjoy it even more since Vic is the prince
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Eh...really, Vic Mignogna? He's the reason why I wouldn't even get this anime. I refuse to support anything were he voices as a main character. Hate the man so much.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Vic Mignogna

Pass.

I know it's just a trailer, but it sounds like Vic is back to his "not even attempting to act" routine. It's what made his Edward Elric so endearing (read: terrible).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SecretJustin1130

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
Eh...really, Vic Mignogna? He's the reason why I wouldn't even get this anime. I refuse to support anything were he voices as a main character. Hate the man so much.

Harsh.
pantsmca

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
At least there will be a sub track on the DVD/BD.
skyreno4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Pass Not intrested
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
SecretJustin1130 wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:

Harsh.

If you knew how the man really acted...you'd understand, the guy is a major jackass.
staab99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Man I honestly loved the Japanese dub, but I know I sound like I am jumping on a bandwagon, but I really don't understand why people like Vic. I really can't stand the guys voice, he seriously just sounds like Edward in almost all his roles. The trailer he sounded like he's not giving a damn at all.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Vic Mignogna is the perfect example of where English dubs go wrong.
The guy has one major role that he nails, then it all goes to his head and all the roles he's cast in after that are just a replica performances of his glory work dubbing a certain character.
The guy needs to understand that each role he plays is a different character and presents a different challenge and approach.
Sadly Vic Mignogna has not lived up to any these challengers outside of dubbing Edward Elric.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
If you knew how the man really acted...you'd understand, the guy is a major jackass.

I don't really care what sort of person he is if he can act.

It's just that he doesn't really have much talent. Whether he's nice or not doesn't factor in. Talent is more rare than civility.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Never really saw the show but I've heard good things about it, and by good, I mean its a bunch of random trolling which is right up my alley!
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Wow.
So much negative in this thread.
You people ARE aware that there is a sub-track, right?

Vata Raven wrote:

And?
I know you're trying to make a point but it's really hard to take you seriously. I've met the guy and he was pretty nice.

penguintruth wrote:

It's just that he doesn't really have much talent. Whether he's nice or not doesn't factor in. Talent is more rare than civility.

Opinions. That's all that it comes down to.

vulcanraven01 wrote:

Sadly Vic Mignogna has not lived up to any these challengers outside of dubbing Edward Elric.

Who is Kurz Weber from Full Metal Panic? Who is Raven from Gravion/ Gravion Zwei? Who is Junpei Iori from Persona 3? I could go on but you get my point.
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
No way to work Brittney Karbowski in there Smile
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I know it's just a trailer, but it sounds like Vic is back to his "not even attempting to act" routine. It's what made his Edward Elric so endearing (read: terrible).

I still swear you're the only person I've seen with such distaste for his Edward. I've seen a lot that overall prefer Paku, but never with this much hate for the dub.

Not saying you're not entitled to your opinion mind you, just saying you're definitely in the minority here from all I've seen.

And between this and the comments on the Keldeo thing I saw the other day, I'm kind of sickened by the amount of hate out there towards Vic. I've never been disappointed by any of his performances, and I've yet to see any evidence of these horror stories that some fans love to throw around in regards to him. If he's secretly an ass like so many claim, why hasn't any actual proof of this popped up? That's what I'd like to know.

On topic of the show itself, the trailer doesn't sell me on it completely, but I am interested in it. I loved YYH, so of course I want to check out another of Togashi's work, and seeing how I refuse to check out HxH until it actually ends, this is my only other option.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:

I don't really care what sort of person he is if he can act.

I dunno, I liked him alot in Persona 3 as Junpei.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7