• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion: 2.0's Evangelion Unit-05 Design Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reinhard Von Lohengram

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quote
I think it looks pretty good. Its Anno's work, and I'm sure it makes as much sense in the new series as all the other stuff did in the old, otherwise it wouldn't be there.

Looking forward to the next installment more and more.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quote
Eh. It's a neat design, but.. for Unit 05? Maybe for Unit 04. Unless the numbering system is different and 05 is the US one that gets blown up. There is a new girl, so who knows. Evas have always been humanoid. Knowing what you find out about them, it makes sense. So knowing that.. This is kinda like a kid in a wheelchair. That or it's a mutant with four legs and rocket boots.
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
What...the hell is that? Neutral

It's an interesting design, but I really don't like it for Eva...unless there's a really good reason for it... I think I just might not like the direction these movies are heading in general, though. Meh. Well, I'll reserve my judgment, for now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
edzieba

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote
From that shot, and the magazine scans that are floating around, those look like jet turbines in place of its feet. A hovering quadrupedal Eva is certainly an interesting design.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Whoops. My numbering was off. Unit 04 is the Nevada one we never see. Unit 03 is the crazy one.

I do find it off they are adding characters and Evas when there already seems enough in the original to fill four films. Eh. It should be interesting. In Anno we trust. Let's see if balanced Anno can re-release the story of Eva as well as the clinically depressed Anno created it the first time.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I actually like it a lot, thanks to the uniqueness. This is probably because I'm not a hardcore Eva fan at all and thus don't really care about it being "pure" or whatever. I also really adore the look of its pilot, too, she's a real cutie. xD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
while im excited to see some new stuff and that thus, confirming this isnt Eva. 1.5: Same thing, only shinier (TM)...I'm also confused and weirded out.

this would make a great angel design.

fawhooosh!
Zipper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, that's interesting. Design-wise I don't really like it because it just doesn't fit, but like others have said if there's a good reason for it to look that way then I'll be interested. Like, maybe it holds some mangled twisted screwed up soul which made it come out that way?
Oddone2

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to seeing it in action, but I also agree with everyone else that it is quite different from any other Eva we have seen yet. On the other hand, maybe that is the point.
Oh, and there are more pictures of the figure here:
http://www.jbox.com/IMAGE/k9Sx3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2