• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatsune Miku's 5th Birthday Marked With Concert Marathon, Art, More

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quote
this Hatsune Miku thing is getting annoying. Twisted Evil
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I can never get enough of Miku Hatsune
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Miku! It's been a great 5 years with you and here's to 5 (million) more.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
The Sakura Miku is too much. I'm already waiting on this year's Snow Miku, and now I have to buy Sakura Miku. Man, I hope this isn't a yearly thing like Snow Miku. My wallet is crying!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:40 am Reply with quote
I don' t think Crypton expected Miku to get this large in the world. I'm completely addicted to her voice and the artists that have used her and thereby made her what she is today, but I just wish her other vocaloid coleagues got the same respect as they are just as good and even better for certain genres, but I digress. Even though she has "01" tattooed on her left arm, Miku isn't the first vocaloid created, but is the first to become a phenomenon of global proportions and still growing. Taken that this has happened with only her Japanese voice bank, much is anticipated when her English VB is finally released, maybe in January.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Even though she has "01" tattooed on her left arm, Miku isn't the first vocaloid created, but is the first to become a phenomenon of global proportions and still growing. Taken that this has happened with only her Japanese voice bank, much is anticipated when her English VB is finally released, maybe in January.
Yep she's not the first but she'll always be #01 in my heart Anime catgrin
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
I don' t think Crypton expected Miku to get this large in the world. I'm completely addicted to her voice and the artists that have used her and thereby made her what she is today, but I just wish her other vocaloid coleagues got the same respect as they are just as good and even better for certain genres, but I digress. Even though she has "01" tattooed on her left arm, Miku isn't the first vocaloid created, but is the first to become a phenomenon of global proportions and still growing. Taken that this has happened with only her Japanese voice bank, much is anticipated when her English VB is finally released, maybe in January.

She's the first vocaloid created for Vocaloid v.2 by Crypton which is why she gets the 01 designation.

I think the first vocaloid 2 bank was Sweet ANN, which was an english bank not released by Crypton. Miku was the second released vocaloid 2.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I honestly can't believe Miku is turning 5, I've been a fan of hers since she first got started, I remember watching MMD Cup 3 videos and looking forward to the future MMD cups. Happy birthday Miku and heres to many more! Very Happy
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:30 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

She's the first vocaloid created for Vocaloid v.2 by Crypton which is why she gets the 01 designation.

I think the first vocaloid 2 bank was Sweet ANN, which was an english bank not released by Crypton. Miku was the second released vocaloid 2.
Actually, she is the third for Crypton. Meiko and Kaito were their first and second prototypes and base platform for developing V2 and Miku.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1