• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bungaku Shoujo Theatrical Film Anime Confirmed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:04 pm Reply with quote
this sounds really weird, but interesting
hara

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Bleh, ugly art is ugly.

The story doesn't sound like it would be worth being adapted into a theatrical movie, either. Now they are even wasting movie budgets on school comedies...
orange2020

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote
odd and interesting i cant wait for it to come out then i am going to watch it Very Happy
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
this sounds really weird, but interesting

ROD the OVA movie had a bizarre premise about book nerds and that sort of thing too, and I thought it turned out well. So who knows....
Anath_19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote
hara wrote:
Bleh, ugly art is ugly.

The story doesn't sound like it would be worth being adapted into a theatrical movie, either. Now they are even wasting movie budgets on school comedies...

I haven't read the series myself, but I've heard from a big fan of the novels that it is very much a mystery series, not a school comedy. To quote his explanation of the series:

Agilis wrote:
The overall genre of the books is mystery, and the books each focus upon one of the characters as a mystery slowly unfolds. And befitting the title, each book also has a famous literary work as its central theme, often providing parallels or hints. Sometimes it is a classic piece of Japanese literature, like Osamu Dasai’s “Ningen Shikkaku” (人間失格), Kyoka Izumi’s “Yasha ga Ike” (夜叉ヶ池, ), or Western classics such as Emily Bronte’s “Wuthering Heights” and Gaston Leroux’s “The Phantom of the Opera”. Other smaller works by the same authors as the central work and even the biographies of the authors themselves are often drawn into solving the mystery.

Source: Neechin.net (more details about the series in the source link)

Though I'm excited about this, I'm worried how they could properly do this justice with only a movie adaptation.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quote
School comedy.... yeah it is lol, i mean I loved it when that girl spoiler[jumped off the building in front of the lead to kill herself] at the start, hilarious!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1