• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: KyoAni's Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! Teaser Streamed

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:01 am Reply with quote
Super pumped for this simply because it's KyoAni. Pretty rare for us to get two different KyoAni shows in back to back seasons (Hyouka and this). Wonder if this is a sign they are upping their production levels.
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:17 am Reply with quote
Really surprising to see KyoAni doing this,which might be the only reason why I am going to check it out.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:01 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Really surprising to see KyoAni doing this,which might be the only reason why I am going to check it out.

Consider it won an honorable mention (must have been pretty honorable to get an adaption lol) in their contest, it is not that weird that they would be the ones to make it.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:

Really? Seems to me like they're going back to what they do best: Making moeblobs. It'll be one of the best selling shows of Fall and they've got a lot of the most popular character design fetishes all wrapped into one in the main character.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote
One eyepatch? Pffft! Should be two. A girl is totally not cute if she can still see.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
danilo07 wrote:

Really? Seems to me like they're going back to what they do best: Making moeblobs. It'll be one of the best selling shows of Fall and they've got a lot of the most popular character design fetishes all wrapped into one in the main character.

Sure the character designs are moeblobs ,but judging from the tone,music(from PVs) and premise of the show it seems really different from your usual KyoAni show.It might turn out to be nothing unusual,but we will see.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
Will watch because of KyoAnimation. I wonder if they will be involved with more shows next year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Will watch because of KyoAnimation. I wonder if they will be involved with more shows next year.

As far as I know, KyoAni only does one show a season. This is part of what contributes to their high production values--no chance of work getting spread thin between multiple shows.
IkariGendo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Thanks dude, that Fate avatar really nails down your point... (sarcasm)
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote
IkariGendo wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Thanks dude, that Fate avatar really nails down your point... (sarcasm)

I don't get what you're trying to say... I love these types of shows. I'm not going to say they aren't trying to appeal to otakus through making moeblobs though.
Blazaking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Put me on the list of "watching simply because it's KyoAni". I cannot get enough of their stuff.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I can see someone in Japan likes the movie, "Kiss Me Deadly".
dan9999

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Whats Misaki (from Another) doing here.... Surprised

Yawwwwnnnnnnn.....

So after low Hyouka sales, which is pure moeblob too btw, so whats that about they going back to moeblobs Laughing , after failing miserably with Nichijou, let see of they save face with this....
testyal1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm watching this because KyoAni.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

So after low Hyouka sales, which is pure moeblob too btw, so whats that about they going back to moeblobs Laughing , after failing miserably with Nichijou, let see of they save face with this....

Yes, lets reduce terms into absolute meaninglessness.

Seriously, you know nothing about this show and its characters, and yet have already declared them "moeblobs", which is just code for "I need to feel superior to others so I'll insult popular things."

Watch the show or don't, but don't [expletive] act like you know anything about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4