• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gungi (Ficticious Board Game in Hunter x Hunter)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:04 am Reply with quote
so I realised soemthing about gungi.

anyone knows the game stratego?
Queen/King is allmighty, but the spy can kill it.
spy is the lowest tier, but also a counter to the King, highest tier
what if the stacking means creating an almighty piece?
like the counter for spy and the Queen together would be indestructible, except by an equal piece.
so kind of chess and stratego together

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:56 am Reply with quote
Hi,

Sorry, i'm french
I posted some ideas here
http://www.boiteajeux.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20007
(If you need a translation, try Google Translate) or ask me :)
I will try to find some rules according to the manga ...
But not easy ...
see you soon ...
Coby1997

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote
we must figure out these rules no mader what even if all of us have to join together to make the rules I think that we should work together and figure out some of the rules then we can make the rest up then we will make a new game better then go,chess and all other board games we can do this :D
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
In the first segment of HxH 103 we learn the symbol for pawn, and that the pieces can be placed on the board in any order.

In the third segment, we see that a stacked spy can attack a diagonal at least two diagonals away. We learn the symbol for spy and for Marshal. Meruem mentions that archers are stacked on pawns, but it is not clear if the pieces visible on screen are archers. If they are, they are not attacking the king, and therefore have ranges specific ranges. We can also assume that stacking pieces increases their range. Also note that with her move she says "Checkmate". This is the last time that Komugi says "Checkmate." From then on, the king admits that a position will end in checkmate. The reason I make this distinction is because someone suggested that the spy has crazy range. This may not be the case. The king may simply see that a position is hopeless, and that his defeat is inevitable. At the end of the second segment, the king places a pawn and Komugi places an unknown piece next to her marshal.

In the final segment of the episode, we learn that you can stack on your enemies' pieces. We also see those side-tables that are used to store pieces opposite of the color you are playing. Assumption is that they are captured. Perhaps you can play your opponents captured pieces? We also see a number of pieces in the pile afterwards - and I've counted 11 unique pieces by this point. Also, there are two black spies, so that piece is not unique.

I'll post again after rewatching more.
molotov6o9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:40 pm Reply with quote
registered just so i can post this.

http://hiromalo.tumblr.com/post/74510568781/rules-of-gungi

enjoy!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2