• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clamp's xxxHOLiC Gets Live-Action TV Adaptation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
tudza wrote:
Wherever will they find people with freakishly long legs to be in this?

Oi, you stole my line. That's what I was going to ask.

Although, it isn't just their legs. Their necks and torsos are also bizarrely-proportioned.

Laughing

Seriously. I remember a description of Fai I read once that looked at his proportions as being someone about 6 feet tall and 50 pounds when wet.
misschidori

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote
I've been meaning to get around to watching xxxHolic forever; this gives me the perfect excuse, I suppose.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quote
This is gonna suck. Laughing
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:00 am Reply with quote
Brainchild129 wrote:
That and 'will there be a way to create a CGI Mokona that doesn't look like crap?'

Pu!!!
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
Just as long as it looks like CGI Luna from PG Sailor Moon a few years back I'll be happy. It'd be neat if they could go more of a puppet with cgi mix, but that'd cost more money. ... but come on Japan, I know you can make a robotic puppet Mokona/Modoki.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Just as long as it looks like CGI Luna from PG Sailor Moon a few years back I'll be happy. It'd be neat if they could go more of a puppet with cgi mix, but that'd cost more money. ... but come on Japan, I know you can make a robotic puppet Mokona/Modoki.

Didn't Sailor Moon sometimes just use a Luna doll (stuffed animal/whatever), when CGI wasn't right for the scene? There've got to be plenty of Mokona still around, although they might have to dye a few...
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
littlegreenwolf wrote:

Didn't Sailor Moon sometimes just use a Luna doll (stuffed animal/whatever), when CGI wasn't right for the scene? There've got to be plenty of Mokona still around, although they might have to dye a few...

I think she was mainly a stuffed toy when they threw her around. Other than that she was painfully obviously CGI. If it were up to me, I'd want a Modoki (the black one) much like how they did Salem back in the old Sabrina the teenage witch. Then again the thing couldn't jump around, but seriously, I wanna see a puppet throwing back some sake bottles.

I really hope they try to keep it more based on the comic in terms of characters and the supernatural. It seems with j-drama adaptions of manga they usually just really loosely base the show on a comic by just going by some main ideas.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
.....I'd want a Modoki (the black one) much like how they did Salem back in the old Sabrina the teenage witch.

Salem hasn't quite aged well.....
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Luna and Artemis in PGSM, when they were CGI, looked horrible. Animatronics are very advanced these days, though, which is what I'm hoping for.
Hellfish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:06 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Ingraman wrote:
littlegreenwolf wrote:

I think she was mainly a stuffed toy when they threw her around. Other than that she was painfully obviously CGI. If it were up to me, I'd want a Modoki (the black one) much like how they did Salem back in the old Sabrina the teenage witch. Then again the thing couldn't jump around, but seriously, I wanna see a puppet throwing back some sake bottles.

I really hope they try to keep it more based on the comic in terms of characters and the supernatural. It seems with j-drama adaptions of manga they usually just really loosely base the show on a comic by just going by some main ideas.

Funny, when the Sailor Live appeared I found myself wishing they used a puppet like Salem but I guess it was too expensive.

I honestly have no idea if they can make a good live a xxxholic, but let's see what happens... and I guess they would have to drop all the Tsubasa conections (please be the case!)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2