Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Precure Actress Responds to Report Tying Alleged Kidnapper to Anime


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LUNI_TUNZ



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 803
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I haven't quite see anything Precure but was something like this a plot in an episode? Obviously I'm not saying their connected because I'm not an idiot, but usually the media tries to find a vaguely similar story and tie it to a crime.

Like they'll say "He hit his victim with pink heart-shaped glass, just like in the Sailor Moon anime"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ojamajo LimePie



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 706
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
I haven't quite see anything Precure but was something like this a plot in an episode? Obviously I'm not saying their connected because I'm not an idiot, but usually the media tries to find a vaguely similar story and tie it to a crime.

Like they'll say "He hit his victim with pink heart-shaped glass, just like in the Sailor Moon anime"


No. They're saying he's a pedophile because he watches a show aimed at little girls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LUNI_TUNZ



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 803
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
I haven't quite see anything Precure but was something like this a plot in an episode? Obviously I'm not saying their connected because I'm not an idiot, but usually the media tries to find a vaguely similar story and tie it to a crime.

Like they'll say "He hit his victim with pink heart-shaped glass, just like in the Sailor Moon anime"


No. They're saying he's a pedophile because he watches a show aimed at little girls.


I see, gotcha. That makes sense... in the witch-hunting sort of way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shippoyasha



Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 459
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Some of you guys using the word otaku as an auto negative connotations are seriously misled. Ton of psychopaths and criminals come from all profile. No demographic is totally excluded. So there are a few sickos and seriously misguided people. Considering the same millions of otaku in Japan are not on a rampage.

Blame the individual, not spout ignorant one liner and make the situation worse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flower Metal



Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 104
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Flower Metal wrote:
I Love Magical Girls and I don't give a damn.


What I mean is, I love Moe characters with all my heart, and i know that "normal people" are going to judge me and discriminate me, it dosen't matter too much if "normal people" disapproves my passion for Moe characters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4377
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote
....There's not millions of Otaku in the first place. There's like around 100'000 of them, most in the Tokyo area.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdo7



Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5897
Location: Cypress, Texas, USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Flower Metal wrote:
Flower Metal wrote:
I Love Magical Girls and I don't give a damn.


What I mean is, I love Moe characters with all my heart, and i know that "normal people" are going to judge me and discriminate me, it dosen't matter too much if "normal people" disapproves my passion for Moe characters.


Then please be careful when you say something that people will make you think you sympathize with criminal, saying "I love Magical Girls and I don't give a damn" in an article involving a kidnapper is going to make you look heartless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
egoist



Joined: 20 Jun 2008
Posts: 7762
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Then please be careful when you say something that people will make you think you sympathize with criminal, saying "I love Magical Girls and I don't give a damn" in an article involving a kidnapper is going to make you look heartless.


Please be careful when you discourage logical thinking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13767
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:36 am Reply with quote
The guy's a Darwinian candidate anyways:

HIROSHIMA — Police said Wednesday they have arrested a 20-year-old university student for allegedly kidnapping a 12-year-old elementary school girl in Hiroshima on Tuesday night.

Police said the suspect, identified as Tomohiro Kodama from Setagaya in Tokyo, is accused of forcing the girl to get into a large travel bag at knifepoint and then placing it in the trunk of a taxi. The girl had been waiting for her mother to pick her up at Nishi-Hiroshima Station after attending cram school.

According to police, Kodama asked the taxi driver to help him put the bag in the trunk at about 8:50 p.m. Tuesday and then drive to Hiroshima Station. The driver was quoted by NHK as saying he felt something warm and soft. He drove along for about four kilometers and could hear cries coming from the trunk. When he asked Kodama if there was a dog in the bag, Kodama said nothing. When they stopped at a traffic light, Kodama asked to get out.

However, the driver restrained him and asked a passerby to call police. Then he and the passerby opened the bag and found the girl, unharmed.

Kodama, who belongs to a martial arts club at his university, has confessed to kidnapping and confining the girl. He was quoted by police as saying he did not know her and that he had planned to take her back to a hotel near Hiroshima Station, where he was staying.



Japan's general cult of youth sexualization predicament.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shippoyasha



Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 459
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:16 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
....There's not millions of Otaku in the first place. There's like around 100'000 of them, most in the Tokyo area.


That can be debatable considering millions of people do tune in for certain shows. That said, most probably wouldn't go public with their hobby anyway. Just isn't kosher in Japan to begin with, to the extent many otakus may not be as shy about broadcasting their love of the medium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alan45
Village ElderVillage Elder


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Posts: 8625
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:51 am Reply with quote
Let's not get in an arguement as to how many otaku there are in Japan. Even if there were only 1000, or 100 of them, the actions of one person do not reflect on the others unless they actively participate or endorse his crime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
dragon695



Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 1216
Location: Clemson, SC
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Typical hikikomori.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Polycell



Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 4623
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:29 pm Reply with quote
If it was, Japan would've burned to the ground by now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flower Metal



Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 104
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I am in favor of Anime including Ecchi, Harem, Lolicon, Loli-Gore, Hentai & Ero-Guro.

I don't care if "normal people" believe that anime is immoral.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maidenoftheredhand



Joined: 21 Jun 2007
Posts: 2452
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Typical hikikomori.


A hikikomori is someone who is a University Student? Huh!

Are or you saying he was obviously a hikikomori because he watched a magical girl series. Again it makes no sense.

Lets stop generalizing!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group