• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Precure Actress Responds to Report Tying Alleged Kidnapper to Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Typical hikikomori.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Eagan_Holmes

Typical comic nerd, amirite?
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Then please be careful when you say something that people will make you think you sympathize with criminal, saying "I love Magical Girls and I don't give a damn" in an article involving a kidnapper is going to make you look heartless.

Please be careful when you discourage logical thinking.

I don't know why you would be telling me this, I'm not discourage logical thinking, I guess you didn't look at the previous comment on the first page carefully:

Quote:
Kiyomaro wrote:
Flower Metal wrote:
I Love Magical Girls and I don't give a damn.

What are you even saying? Are you saying you don't care about the well-being of the young girl who fell prey to this guy's kidnapping? I mean she turned up safe and sound, but still.

I was telling that person to be careful on what he/she say because people will misinterpret that message if it isn't clear. If you said something that people will make you think you insult the victim or sympathize the criminal behavior, you would be criticized and maybe hated by the people on the forum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Parse Error

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
If you said something that people will make you think you insult the victim or sympathize the criminal behavior, you would be criticized and maybe hated by the people on the forum.

Except that it's not even possible to interpret it that way unless somebody already wants to deliberately twist it. Let's say somebody replies to your explanation with "I understand." Are they saying they understand the mysteries of the universe? Obviously not, it's just a shorter way of saying "I understand what you just said."

Consider the following conversation as an example:
Person A: Hitler ate sugar.
Person B: I eat sugar, and I don't give a damn.

What's being said is something along the lines of "I don't give a damn because eating sugar isn't going to turn me into Hitler, that's not the reason why he was evil." If you read it as "I don't give a damn because Hitler was a wonderful person and I want to be just like him," then that's your own problem.
誤称

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote
He should totally go with the "real children are icky" defense.
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
He should totally go with the "real children are icky" defense.
It would actually be pretty awesome to hear that in a courtroom. True real life trolling.

Unfortunately this guy sounds somewhat dangerous, to put it mildly.
naninanino

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I demand a list of all the other anime and media he uses, so we can really get to the bottom of this.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:46 am Reply with quote
Why aren't we blaming the real culprit in this case, the evil fruit knife manufactures?

"Fruit knives don't kidnap 12 year old girls, creepy pretty cure otaku kidnap 12 year old girls" you say?
That's bullsh*t.

Japans already outlawed guns, it's time to take the next logical step: fruit knives must be regulated, with strict background checks to prevent them falling into the hands of ota... I mean, latent criminals.

The only people allowed to slice fruit should be registered maids which then serve it to you by hand.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3