• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Treasure - Macross DYRL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Shale wrote:
Also, everyone who enjoys bad dubs should track down that VHS. Best buck-fifty I ever spent.

Same here.I'd enjoyed the dubs.Probably cause i'd seen it's US adapation robotech first. Also when you get use to it,it don't sound bad at all,and there's the fact that the industry came a long way in the english department.

Since ADV remade the dub versions of macross,Hopefully they'll do the same for the movie. If it happens,i'll be looking forward to it's release. Same with Macross II: The Sentinels movie.

Except that "the industry" didn't do this one. As stated, it's a Hong Kong produced dub aimed at english teaching in Japan. The lines are intentionally wooden, and everyone has a noticeable British accent. So it's a rather special case. It's watchable, but you'll hardly ever not find it bad.

ADV won't be releasing this, much less dubbing it, anytime soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zinjo

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Renaisance Otaku wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
Shale wrote:
Also, everyone who enjoys bad dubs should track down that VHS. Best buck-fifty I ever spent.

Same here.I'd enjoyed the dubs.Probably cause i'd seen it's US adapation robotech first. Also when you get use to it,it don't sound bad at all,and there's the fact that the industry came a long way in the english department.

Since ADV remade the dub versions of macross,Hopefully they'll do the same for the movie. If it happens,i'll be looking forward to it's release. Same with Macross II: The Sentinels movie.

Except that "the industry" didn't do this one. As stated, it's a Hong Kong produced dub aimed at english teaching in Japan. The lines are intentionally wooden, and everyone has a noticeable British accent. So it's a rather special case. It's watchable, but you'll hardly ever not find it bad.

ADV won't be releasing this, much less dubbing it, anytime soon.

True enough.

With the wafer thin hold Harmony Gold has on any rights to SDF Macross and the still convoluded international distribution deals from the movie release, just sorting out who owns what and where for the film is a big challenge even today.
Son of Zion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Hello, youst wanted to dropp some info,
The Macross DYRL movie was released in sweden on dvd some yeas ago. But they did a horrible jobb on it, there is no menu or anything and no restoration from the VHS transfer was done aswell.

StudioToledo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Son of Zion wrote:
Hello, youst wanted to dropp some info,
The Macross DYRL movie was released in sweden on dvd some yeas ago. But they did a horrible jobb on it, there is no menu or anything and no restoration from the VHS transfer was done aswell.

Eeew, what a hideous cover! Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7