• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magamish

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Magical. Anime exclamation
youkai_ronin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Joy. Pure, unmitigated joy. Thanks to Anno and Studio Khara for this. Really, it's not often I find myself jumping up and down like an idiot. Embarassed Anime hyper
watchdog210

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
braves wrote:
darcerin wrote:
Has Funimation announced when they're releasing the first movie this year? I can't seem to access their site at the moment, and there's nothing on 1.0 page on the encyclopedia here for a US release date.

Novemebr 10, according to the info that they posted on the trailer.

http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=977

Has Funi confirmed anything that there will be a blu-ray release for this title?

I have a feeling that I will be flamed massively for this but I will ask anyway.

Will there ba a dub when Eva 1.0 is released here in the US or will it be a sub only?
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:40 am Reply with quote
watchdog210 wrote:
Will there ba a dub when Eva 1.0 is released here in the US or will it be a sub only?

I'm pretty sure there will be.
jdnation

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quote
A dub is guaranteed, and after all don't a lot of people like the Eva dub cast??? I know I'm one of them!
irishninja

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:30 am Reply with quote
watchdog210 wrote:
I have a feeling that I will be flamed massively for this but I will ask anyway.

I don't think you'll be flamed for that question, since reasonable sub people (a group in which I like to consider myself) seem to generally agree that the dubs for Eva were pretty good. I know I don't mind watching it in English, which is atypical.

To actually answer your question, though, I can't imagine them not doing a dub for it. Dubbing the movie makes it slightly more marketable to a wider audience (such as Cartoon Network or even, dare I hope, movie theaters).
edzieba

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Given how long it's taking to release, it seems unlikely it will be sub-only. Though with the problems ADV had re-uniting the cast for End of Evangelion, I wouldn't be so certain they'd even try to re-assemble the original cast. Likely, but definitely not certain.
jdnation

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Well a dub is pretty much a given. So I'm sure they'll try their best to assemble the main cast, maybe a few people at worst might be missing in which case they'd just be replaced. We'd all give it a shot, if we don't like it there's always the original language options... so in any case everyone more or less wins. BUt hopefully the main cast can be assembled. At least Shinji, Asuka, Misato and Rei. Everyone else can be easily replaced without too much trouble and new characters are new characters...
unicron02

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quote
Link for the 2nd new trailer set to Fly Me To the Moon
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote
If they do attempt another cast reunion, hopefully they don't do what Manga did and do so at the expense of full writing control to Gaijin. Winn Lee messed that dub up something horrible. Though it shouldn't be an issue.

Personally, I started the show dubbed, saw most of it subbed, then never understood how I could watch the dub afterwards. Eva's actually one of those "you either love it or hate it" type dubs. While I don't exactly hate it, I do find it odd that so many consider it one of the better ones. To me, I prefer the actors when they were in Blue Seed.

Thanks for the second trailer link!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quote
unicron02 wrote:
Link for the 2nd new trailer set to Fly Me To the Moon

Is it wrong of me that, every single time I hear another one of these godawful poppy versions of that song, my only thought is how much I'd love Ol' Blue-Eyes to rise up from his grave and lay a smackdown on the singer? For the love of God, franchise, quit butchering a classic. Razz

Interesting footage in these trailers. I'm not exactly what you'd call a "fan" of Eva, but there's definitely a lot to it, and I'm intrigued about what sort of changes a not-nearly-suicidal Anno will bring into the mix.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3