• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: YTV - Viz Inuyasha Contest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KawaiiKitty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Another YTV and VIZ contest! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Manga
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:49 pm Reply with quote
...why does it exclude Qubec?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Djablesse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:56 am Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:
...why does it exclude Qubec?

I have no idea. I'm sure someone will see your question and have a reasonable answer though.

I actually think the prize of the first contest was better. I would choose going to Japan, even if only for a week, over any DVD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shouganai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:44 am Reply with quote
Quebec is often excluded because of their own uber-paranoia about the French somehow being screwed over by the english via contests and sweepstakes. Because of this, there is a lot of extra red tape and (I think) extra fees that are required to run a contest in Quebec, and the process time of all the extra paperwork is apparently very slow. Therefore, most companies don't bother to run contests that include Quebec, and I don't blame them.
KawaiiKitty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:36 am Reply with quote
Djablesse wrote:
I actually think the prize of the first contest was better. I would choose going to Japan, even if only for a week, over any DVD.

Errr...the first contest wasn't to go to Japan. It was seeing the special screening of Inuyasha movie in Toronto.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote
It's because of a law in Quebec prohibiting contests or promotions directed at people under 18. Tenchi would probably know more about that than me, though.

It's interesting to see YTV running another Inuyasha contest. In its entire run on the station, did DBZ get a contest at all?
KawaiiKitty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Mmm...I don't think so about DBZ. YTV knows about Inuyasha's increasing popularity so... Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1