• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Anime on Demand Now on Comcast Nationwide

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I noticed this recently, myself. Watched some of the early episodes of Detective Co--- er... Case Closed.

Sure do enjoy the adventures of Jimmy Kudo and Rachel Moore. (What were they thinking?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jetstream2

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Thats great for Funimation but I hate the fact that Comcast decided to pull the plug on Anime Selects in the very same week.
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Took them more then long enough. I haven't had a tv in over a year so this doesn't matter to me anymore. They really should have done this years ago. Makes sense though since they are now having a lot of there shows streaming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kyon27

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Ayhoser wrote:
Too bad they are starting most of the series over. I only had a few episodes of XXXHolic and Aquarian to watch when they switched it over. I wish they offered the subbed versions too instead of just the dubs. The Ouran High School Host Club dub is horrible.

You're kidding, right? I thought the Ouran English dub was excellent.

As for the subject in discussion, I can't wait to see if funi's on demand is available on my box yet.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Just one step closer to DirecTV. Come on Funi you can do it! Very Happy
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Kyon27 wrote:
Ayhoser wrote:
Too bad they are starting most of the series over. I only had a few episodes of XXXHolic and Aquarian to watch when they switched it over. I wish they offered the subbed versions too instead of just the dubs. The Ouran High School Host Club dub is horrible.

You're kidding, right? I thought the Ouran English dub was excellent.

As for the subject in discussion, I can't wait to see if funi's on demand is available on my box yet.

I agree. I love the dub because I laughed so hard during every episode but I do not like the dubbed opening that's the only thing I don't like, everything else is amazing!!!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote
too bad most comcast places charge per episode (I've heard a few dont..but most seem to do so) while anime on demand as far as i know only charges per month and updates weekly. selection on both is pretty blah for the most part in the last year or so tho...last good thing I saw on either was clannad and kanon both of which were only subtitled on AoD. and comcast are scammers anyway for other reasons
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I just thought about that I get to preview the NANA and Honey and Clover dubs before I buy them. Now I'm really excited to see those.
Katane

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote
Jetstream2 wrote:
Thats great for Funimation but I hate the fact that Comcast decided to pull the plug on Anime Selects in the very same week.

I agree! I don't like this either! What about the Non-Funi Shows like Piano, I'm just one episode away from completing it. Now this means I'm going to be stuck with The Anime Network when the best show they have is Azumanga Daioh and that doesn't say a whole lot either. I guess I have to wait for IFC to finish airing Gunslinger Girl and they're going to be forever with that! Mad This is one more reason why I hate Comcast, if I could I would switch to Directv!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dark Chi

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:45 am Reply with quote
Katane wrote:
Jetstream2 wrote:

I agree! I don't like this either! What about the Non-Funi Shows like Piano, I'm just one episode away from completing it.

Maybe they'll bring it back. You'll never know. They need more server space. I need to see more shows. But, having anime on Comcast is better than -- nothing.
Katane

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:27 am Reply with quote
Dark Chi wrote:
Katane wrote:
Jetstream2 wrote:

I agree! I don't like this either! What about the Non-Funi Shows like Piano, I'm just one episode away from completing it.

Maybe they'll bring it back. You'll never know. They need more server space. I need to see more shows. But, having anime on Comcast is better than -- nothing.

True, but we're still talking about Comcast here, who charges a arm and a leg for very few channels. If they are making this move I highly doubt it they'll bring it back unless they can charge you another arm and another leg in order to watch it. Another thing, since they're taking about how fast and powerful their service is and having more HD than anyone, they should've thought about updating their power grid if they really needed more space.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:35 am Reply with quote
Cain Highwind wrote:
Just one step closer to DirecTV. Come on Funi you can do it! Very Happy

I've got my fingers crossed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:50 am Reply with quote
Dunno what's with the comcast hate, seems biased and unfounded IMHO.

Works just fine for me...

To be specific however, The Funimation 'Network' or whatever it's called didn't get it's own section until ABOUT a week or two ago. Prior to that, Funi was sharing the section of Anime Selects and whatnot.

They were showing Tsubasa, xxxHolic and Ouran, among others...

And now we're seeing episodes of D. Gray Man available and Case Closed.

Bigger and quicker move than freaking anime network made... AND THEY NEVER BRANCHED OUT OF COLUMBUS...

No biggie though, all's well in the world of anime on cable... so to speak.
Jetstream2

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:13 am Reply with quote
Jetstream2 wrote:
Katane wrote:

I know they could have at the very least showed the last episode of Piano. I liked that show but not really enough to go buy the DVDs just to watch one episode.
ayashe

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I won't watch dubs for free, there's no way I'm paying for them. I only just watched two episodes of anime in the Cutting Edge section under Anime Network. The put the first episodes of Aria and Maria-sama ga Miteru up subbed, and even though I'd seen the the first ep of latter before, and didn't really want to watch Aria, I did anyway since it's such a rare thing to happen.

Quote:
Dunno what's with the comcast hate, seems biased and unfounded IMHO.

The people who hate Comcast are the people who have been with them before. I don't know how you can call it biased and unfounded when you have no idea of other peoples experience with it, and have no idea what they are basing their opinions on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3