• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Anime on Demand Now on Comcast Nationwide

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katane

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Comcast charges way too much for very little, every year Comcast raise their prices and for what? The same stuff you could be watching on regular tv? What's the point in that?

Jetstream2 wrote:
Jetstream2 wrote:
Thats great for Funimation but I hate the fact that Comcast decided to pull the plug on Anime Selects in the very same week.
Katane wrote:
I agree! I don't like this either! What about the Non-Funi Shows like Piano, I'm just one episode away from completing it.

I know they could have at the very least showed the last episode of Piano. I liked that show but not really enough to go buy the DVDs just to watch one episode.

I know right! I wouldn't do it either. The way it looks now when it comes to non-Funi Show, if it don't come on Adult Swim or The Anime Network you just sh** out of luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I noticed this recently, myself. Watched some of the early episodes of Detective Co--- er... Case Closed.

Sure do enjoy the adventures of Jimmy Kudo and Rachel Moore. (What were they thinking?)

Eh blame TMS for Jimmy and Rachel. They wanted to appeal to a bigger market with more western names. As for the title it was changed for legal reasons.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
I noticed this recently, myself. Watched some of the early episodes of Detective Co--- er... Case Closed.

Sure do enjoy the adventures of Jimmy Kudo and Rachel Moore. (What were they thinking?)

Eh blame TMS for Jimmy and Rachel. They wanted to appeal to a bigger market with more western names. As for the title it was changed for legal reasons.

It's still pretty silly that all these characters with non-Japanese names are obviously living in Japan, which is a pretty homogeneous culture.

I wonder if there's a chance that Funimation will put up the subtitled episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on this lineup.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Yeah pretty much I remember talking about Case Closed to my dad and when I referred to it as Detective Conan he immediately thought of Conan: The Barbarian (now there is a mental image savage Barbarian solving murder mysteries.... with a sword) So it's not a biggie in terms of story (everything that matters like character relations, plot, plot movement, cases stay the same.)
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:48 am Reply with quote
LordRedhand wrote:
I remember talking about Case Closed to my dad and when I referred to it as Detective Conan he immediately thought of Conan: The Barbarian (now there is a mental image savage Barbarian solving murder mysteries.... with a sword)

"By Crom! The killer is..."

CSI: Cimmerian Slaughter Investigations.
Dr.Lazarus

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Katane wrote:
The way it looks now when it comes to non-Funi Show, if it don't come on Adult Swim or The Anime Network you just sh** out of luck.

Not entirely accurate... This summer according to Funi's press release they are planning to add Viz titles to the ondemand channel as well. So it won't be exclusively Funimation on there.

I just wish they'd give us a 24/7 channel... Either Funi or Anime network would do... I think Funi is trying to work a deal with Comcast on that as well from what I read, but I wouldn't expect to hear anything anytime soon.

The biggest upset to me (aside from dropping Anime Selects without finishing series) is that Funi is not captioning on screen text on these episodes like they do on the DVDs and even their streaming episodes. Ouran loses half it's appeal if you can understand the text.
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
LordRedhand wrote:
I remember talking about Case Closed to my dad and when I referred to it as Detective Conan he immediately thought of Conan: The Barbarian (now there is a mental image savage Barbarian solving murder mysteries.... with a sword)

"By Crom! The killer is..."

CSI: Cimmerian Slaughter Investigations.

Points at murderer with sword, thrusting the tip forward near the stomach region.....
delariean

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Watching the nana dub on Funimation's VOD on Comcast..

Good dub, but VIZ uses Starless night instead of A little Pain for ED1....wonder if Viz lost or couldn't get the rights to the song....

seems you also can't get A Little Pain at the ITunes store where the soundtrack is on sale....someone's holding on the rights to that song for some reason....unless it infringes on some other song in the US I don't know the reason this song is not available....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3