• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - Best of Bandai

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teknokrat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
For example, none of the Bandai releases I currently own have been stack packs. Maybe there are some elsewhere in their library, I imagine, but it's certainly far from being the rule. I definitely wouldn't rank them below, say, ADV/Sentai in that area, who seem to use stack packs in their packaging a bit more frequently, at least as far as I can tell.

I could be wrong, but maybe Eve is referring to the overlap packaging for their Legends releases. I don't have any true spindle/stack packs from Bandai myself, but have replaced the cases for every single overlap collection from them with a proper case. I can't stand either spindle packs or overlap packs myself.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:32 am Reply with quote
I left the forum in a fit of anger, but a friend brought my attention to this article yesterday and I had to say something because Mike Toole mentioned my favourite anime series.

I'd been hoping to own the complete all seasons of Galaxy Angel, although the high prices of every season set has always held me back. I'd even have gotten Rune, if only because I want Episode 7, when spoiler[Forte and Ranpha finally get over their years of yuri tension and become a canon cou -- I mean, go on a road trip].

I still hope to get a complete Galaxy Angel set one day, although it seems more likely that I may have to get the Japanese sets. That looks more promising, based on Pixiv.net's art entries there is a small, but active Galaxy Angel fandom in Japan still. I think Blu-Rays and DVD sets of GA are still available in the market there, and I know Bandai has uploaded several raw episodes on their Youtube channel.

Still, a subtitled edition would've been preferred, and from the little of what I've heard of the English dub voices, they're not that bad. I'm not a dub fan, but they would have been interesting to listen to.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote
dandelion_rose wrote:
I'd been hoping to own the complete all seasons of Galaxy Angel, although the high prices of every season set has always held me back...

I still hope to get a complete Galaxy Angel set one day, although it seems more likely that I may have to get the Japanese sets....

Still, a subtitled edition would've been preferred, and from the little of what I've heard of the English dub voices, they're not that bad...

I ran across the same thing when I made an unconscionably large 'Bandai Panic' order last week. I've been wanting to see Galaxy Angel since a saw a video in which Mike Toole stumped for the series, but many of the discs are expensive or impossible to find. (I'm very interested in the English dub, being a soulless Phillistine as I am and because I feel that I need that crutch to really appreciate comedy)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote
I just got the Escaflowne box set a week ago and I'm loving it. Glad I nabbed it before the price got any higher. This is an anime I would love to show both my friends, family, and future kids one day! Very Happy Goodbye, Bandai. You served us well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10