• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids Reports Narrower 1st Quarter Losses

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote
mmmm....so I take it that 4kids are losing more financial costs and probully won't last another year I suppose?

Well,as long as they have dinosaur king and Yugioh 5D's going on,they'll still hang in by a thread.

The U.K has already started airing the sequel to dinosaur King known as Kyoryu King Pterosaur Legend,and this season is actually pretty good compared to the first dinosaur king series. unlike the first series,the sequel deals with time travel and battling aliens.
RenTers

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:42 pm Reply with quote
IisamonkeynamedIdaho wrote:
As long as 4Kids is losing money,I'm happy.
Anime catgrin

That's pretty sad. You joined ANN just to say that.

4Kids is what got a lot of kids into anime.

Pokemon ftw~
Isamu*

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:28 am Reply with quote
Thanks to 4Kids for doing mostly the only good anime I like in dubbing, Pokemon which I am right now watching the new anime of it, watches it everyday of every day on Cartoon Network because I love it a whole lot and will always.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:13 am Reply with quote
D Dubbs wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:
Yu-gi-oh 5d's is going to be shown? That show is downright violent...

From what I've seen (which is the first 26 episodes), it's dark...but not really violent. This is the most violent thing I've seen in the show (which 4Kids kept in surprisingly):

I'm hearing this all second hand <---a friend of mine has been watching the show the past few days and gives us a summary of events of each episode. I have seen the first 3 or 4 episodes myself.
spoiler[have they shown the Darksigners yet and explained you have to die to become one? What about the part where Yuesei gets the tracker put on his face? I remember one girl getting tossed off a building at some point. ]

Have they gotten that far? I'm not against the show or anything I liked the bits and pieces I saw...but with 4kids involved it still concerns me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
D Dubbs

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:55 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:

I'm hearing this all second hand <---a friend of mine has been watching the show the past few days and gives us a summary of events of each episode. I have seen the first 3 or 4 episodes myself.
spoiler[have they shown the Darksigners yet and explained you have to die to become one? What about the part where Yuesei gets the tracker put on his face? I remember one girl getting tossed off a building at some point. ]

Have they gotten that far? I'm not against the show or anything I liked the bits and pieces I saw...but with 4kids involved it still concerns me.

They kept in the tracker mark, but took out some scenes so it looked less painful. For the other two instances, the dub hasn't gotten that far yet.

The dub is okay...there's a lot of pointless name changes and added dialogue, but those things are pretty trivial and don't affect the show too much. The voice acting is questionable in some places, but overall it''s decent. I'd say it's no worse than the original Yu-Gi-Oh! dub.
The Anagelic One

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps now's the time to release subbed versions of the anime they have? Not their current shows, but maybe stuff like the original YGO DM series?

And yes, I'm aware they released DVDs before, but no one buys 3 episode DVDs anymore. Do it right, and watch the money roll.
The Anagelic One

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps now's the time to release subbed versions of the anime they have? Not their current shows, but maybe stuff like the original YGO DM series?

And yes, I'm aware they released DVDs before, but no one buys 3 episode DVDs anymore. Do it right, and watch the money roll.
The Anagelic One

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote

mrgetalife

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote
While i don't like 4kids. But there's not much else out there on non-cable networks. With E/I requirements it just sucks to do anything animated or geared towards kids. I hope they survive as the day there are no more Saturday morning cartoons being broadcast over the air. That'll be a sad day.
jonindarkrai

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Wait Yu-gi-oh 5ds is going on cartoon network
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quote
I was under the impression that we were over 4kids..
Oh well. I watch the new YGO sometimes but other then that they seem to be done with killing anime that were pretty tame in the first place.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2