• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Band of Heroes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warrick

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to break this to you, but your roommate isn't really taking a 45-minute shower. He may be in there with the water running, but the actual shower part doesn't take 45 minutes, if you know what I mean.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quote
There are actually people who just enjoy standing under running water for extended periods of time. While not masturbating.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:51 am Reply with quote
Wow, this week's shelfer has R.O.D the TV with the book-like case and the artbox. Recently bought volume seven with the latter on eBay. Volumes 2 and 5 I can get locally.

Really ought to cut down on collecting OOP DVDs until I finish a series or two.
Shichimi

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:44 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
There are actually people who just enjoy standing under running water for extended periods of time. While not masturbating.

It's not unusual for me to spend an hour or so showering, it just helps me relax and unwind. But I am considerate enough to take my showers first thing in the morning and last thing at night so as not to bother anyone.

Is 15 minutes really enough to get yourself properly clean? That seems a ridiculously short time to me, TBH. Confused
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quote
Shichimi wrote:
Is 15 minutes really enough to get yourself properly clean? That seems a ridiculously short time to me, TBH. Confused

I doubt you'll get any cleaner (in most cases) showering more than 15 minutes. Might as well soak in a bathtub if you have one--you'll use less water.
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:42 am Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
The Human Spider wrote:
I'm curious about those boxes above and next to the FATE plushies--I can't figure out what they are.
Those are oppai pads. Kind of like a mouse pads where the boobs act as a wrist support. The oppai pads in the image seem to featuring Alice from Alice Parade and Hibarigaoka Yuki from Buraban. There are times when I get worried about why I know this.

Thanks, the curiousity has really been bugging me. While I'm big on figure collecting, I'm not familiar with a lot of the more "unusual" merchandise.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:05 am Reply with quote
Heh, this reminds of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer is trying to learn how to take shorter showers. He goes into the mens' showers at the gym and starts taking shower tip notes, prompting a guy to yell in surprise, and Kramer saying, "oh, I'm watching you too, but this guy's really showing me something!" Cue Jerry finding Kramer with a big bruise on his face. Laughing

I usually take exactly 15 minutes, and that includes un-dressing and re-dressing.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:

Indeed, I often stand under the water for a good ten minutes if there's no rush for me or anyone else to get in and out, it's relaxing and warm, particularly since I never seem to organise myself enough to go to the swimming pool. Also, if I were going to masturbate in the shower or just in the bathroom, I wouldn't do it when somebody else needed to use the shower or other facilities in a hurry, though Bamboo Dong's roommate may not be so considerate. Even when I do shower as quickly as I can, I probably would take longer than fifteen minutes to get undressed, showered and redressed, but I undress/dress in my room and just wear a dressing gown/towel while moving between rooms.

I thought the first episodes of Baccano! and Heroic Age were excellent, Heroic Age is sparkly, engaging sci-fi and Baccano!, while almost too violent for me to watch happily, still has fluid animation and does a good job of jumping back and forth on it's timeline, with plenty of interesting characters.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I take 45 minute showers, but I sleep in the shower for more than half of the 45 minutes.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first episode of Ragnarok and found it incrediably stupid. The voice acting was decent, but the overall show was horrid. The main male character has less common sense than any other Shonen hero I've ever seen.

If I really wanted to watch/read a online rpg/video game rpg, I'd read .Hack or Dragon Quest. Though Dragon Quest has much more comedy and has a fanstic shonen diologe for each of the characters.
irishninja

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Shichimi wrote:

Join the military and you'll find out that 5 minutes is really enough time to get yourself properly clean. Wink
ryogasasaki

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I have that same Haruhi figure... And yes, it is NOT originl.. Mine is Wink

So every single thing this guy owns is (or has) a naked/moe woman... wow -_-'
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Shichimi wrote:
But I am considerate enough to take my showers first thing in the morning and last thing at night so as not to bother anyone.

;p But if you take your showers first thing in the morning, and they take an hour, isn't it conceivable that within that hour, someone else would really need to take a shower right before class/work? Then you're just hogging the shower.

Quote:

1 min: Wash your face with some kind of facial cleanser.
3 min: Shampoo
3 min: Condition
5 min: Shave whatever
3 min: Body wash

And those are with exaggerated numbers. It takes me about 10 minutes to shower thoroughly on any given day. Sometimes it'll take me 15 minutes if I just swam in the ocean and I'm incredibly dirty, or if I throw in a deep conditioning step.

Am I missing some steps? What on Earth do you do for an hour? Just stand there? If you need more downtime, just spend an extra 45 minutes sleeping instead.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

Am I missing some steps? What on Earth do you do for an hour? Just stand there? If you need more downtime, just spend an extra 45 minutes sleeping instead.
A woman that only takes 15 minutes to shower? You have to be the first one I've even known. I pity my poor boiler, and the gas meter spinning round whenever the missus, or me daughter gets in there. I usually have to wait hours before I can get in and then it takes me 20 minutes, but that is because there is more of me to wash. Also I'm guessing your male roommate is just that, a male sharing the rent, nothing more?
Shichimi

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
;p But if you take your showers first thing in the morning, and they take an hour, isn't it conceivable that within that hour, someone else would really need to take a shower right before class/work? Then you're just hogging the shower.

Nope. My work schedule means I get up at 5AM and get back at around 10-11PM. My commute to and from the school I work at is a real bitch.

Quote:

I usually end up doing things twice over while I'm in there. After that, yeah, it's pretty much just letting the shower wash on my face. That and seriously bad, off-key whistling. Razz

TBH though, everyone's different, aren't they? Setting some arbitrary time-frame for something as everyday as showering strikes me as a little extreme, possibly verging on joyless. I'm not an automaton! As long as other people's routines don't clash, and some consideration is shown by both sides, then I don't see the big deal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5