• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Band of Heroes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Shichimi wrote:
TBH though, everyone's different, aren't they? Setting some arbitrary time-frame for something as everyday as showering strikes me as a little extreme, possibly verging on joyless. I'm not an automaton! As long as other people's routines don't clash, and some consideration is shown by both sides, then I don't see the big deal.

There's no reason to have an arbitrary time frame for anything, that's why it's called arbitrary.

I agree with you, I can see the point in arguing about "see it can be done this quickly" if someone else needs to use the shower too, but there's no reason not to have a nice long shower if no-one else needs to use it, if you aren't clashing with anyone else's schedule then why not.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Shichimi wrote:
But I am considerate enough to take my showers first thing in the morning and last thing at night so as not to bother anyone.

;p But if you take your showers first thing in the morning, and they take an hour, isn't it conceivable that within that hour, someone else would really need to take a shower right before class/work? Then you're just hogging the shower.

Quote:
Is 15 minutes really enough to get yourself properly clean? That seems a ridiculously short time to me, TBH. :?

1 min: Wash your face with some kind of facial cleanser.
3 min: Shampoo
3 min: Condition
5 min: Shave whatever
3 min: Body wash

And those are with exaggerated numbers. It takes me about 10 minutes to shower thoroughly on any given day. Sometimes it'll take me 15 minutes if I just swam in the ocean and I'm incredibly dirty, or if I throw in a deep conditioning step.

Am I missing some steps? What on Earth do you do for an hour? Just stand there? If you need more downtime, just spend an extra 45 minutes sleeping instead.

It should only take at most 15-20 mintues to properly clean yourself (unless your in the army of course). So that is why people here think there was either someone else in the shower with him or he might have been doing something "else".

But realistically speaking, he probably just took a long shower. What he was doing for that long will remain a mystery unless you ask him personally Bamboo.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Also I'm guessing your male roommate is just that, a male sharing the rent, nothing more?

Yeah. I don't like rooming with women, so I've always had male roommates.

Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
But realistically speaking, he probably just took a long shower. What he was doing for that long will remain a mystery unless you ask him personally Bamboo.

I've confronted him about it in the past. Sad His response is just, "I like to take long showers." I just get bored of standing there for so long. When I do want a nice, relaxing cleansing moment, I'll take a bath. Then at least you're sitting down, and you can read a book or something. ;p
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
I've confronted him about it in the past. Sad His response is just, "I like to take long showers."
Then courtesy requires he asks you first if it's okay to take that shower. He must know your schedule by now to know when you need it first, surely.
Akatsukiwolf

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:47 am Reply with quote
I'm ashamed not having Heroic Age... but NOW!! I want that SPACE JESUS on my shelf too!! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5