• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Piece (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldring

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
I like one pice too! It is the top selling manga.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Correct, though it is drastically different depending on territory. In Japan itself, One Piece is by far bigger than anything else. It may never be topped, ever -- so huge the difference in sales is.

Overseas, however, the biggest seller of all time is Naruto. But it is only by small percentage: it has just surpassed Dragon Ball few months ago. One Piece is far behind as typically western-themed projects obviously generate less interest versus a very remotely inspired by Chinese (initially, Indian) culture Dragon Ball, and very folk-based Japanese paganism like Naruto.

But if just looking at numbers globally, One Piece is absolute number one overall.
Svcy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 am Reply with quote
Can some group convinced the anime staff of Onepiece to stop the anime for awhile. I couldn't stand the quality of the anime.

It's evident that they are dragging the anime to avoid catching up with the mange so the quality of the anime suffers.

Look at anime with 12/26 ep/season, they have good quality and full of contents. Look at Dressrossa, 100 ep for nothing. You could finished a series and solved most of the puzzle there but the current status of OP? MEHH. A very few contents will result to boredom. Seasons must be ranged from 12, 26 but not more than 50. A 70+ episodes for nothing is very boring.

This is the first time an arc made to a 100 mark, second was Enies and most of them had been stretched.

Personally I don't find the Punk Hazar and Dressrosa memorable and is very weak.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:20 am Reply with quote
Nobody here at ANN has the power to do that. And Toei Animation would not stop making it because an English fan wants them too. To put it bluntly, tough beans that you are unhappy with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Svcy wrote:
Can some group convinced the anime staff of Onepiece to stop the anime for awhile. I couldn't stand the quality of the anime.

It's evident that they are dragging the anime to avoid catching up with the mange so the quality of the anime suffers.

Look at anime with 12/26 ep/season, they have good quality and full of contents. Look at Dressrossa, 100 ep for nothing. You could finished a series and solved most of the puzzle there but the current status of OP? MEHH. A very few contents will result to boredom. Seasons must be ranged from 12, 26 but not more than 50. A 70+ episodes for nothing is very boring.

This is the first time an arc made to a 100 mark, second was Enies and most of them had been stretched.

Personally I don't find the Punk Hazar and Dressrosa memorable and is very weak.

No offense, buddy, but perhaps we should do some research before complaining about this to ANN. This is a site run by (very dedicated and professional) fans. Go tweet to Toei Animation about it, and if your single opinion matters to them, I'm sure they'll make One Piece stop for a few years. ^^

While you're at it, ask them to remake Gash Bell, Bokurano, and GTO for me. ^^ Usually no animation studio on Earth would devote all their time and attention to another anime project simply because one lone fan asked them to, but if it's YOU, I'm sure that'll change everything!

PS: Do you think I was being a little too mean with my sarcasm?
MessyMes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:08 am Reply with quote
I have been curious about what makes an anime a great anime and a manga as a great manga. Are there any criteria that most people follow? For One Piece both as a manga and anime, what makes it so popular and great? Let me know in your comments below. Very Happy
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quote
It's etiquette here that if you start a thread asking opinions of others that you provide your own opinions as a starting point for discussion.

So, what do you think makes One Piece a good anime? Your opinion is as valid as any other.

(And I'm merging this into the One Piece discussion thread.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gatherum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:20 am Reply with quote
For the following, refer to this thread for the background.

All torrenting aside, I've been editing and watching One Piece, and am about to begin with season 4: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_One_Piece_episodes_(season_4). According to the One Piece Wiki episode guide, episode 93 is "half-filler". This is not my first encounter with this kind of episode, but I want to cut out said filler, if possible, but no source that I've found breaks it down. Episode 61 was fairly simple because it was the closing entry in a filler arc. This, however, is an isolated incident. Can someone familiar with this episode sum up the filler content therein?

Apart from that, I think I can figure out the rest of season 4. At a glance, it seems to be pretty straightforward apart from episode 93.
Lone_Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:58 am Reply with quote
Hi guys Smile

I have a question that I have been asking for a long time and I wasn't able to

find an answer to, and I want a closure to this question so that I can

enjoy One Piece.

My question is this:

In the Skypiea arc in the One Piece anime and manga series, Enel, the main

villain of the Skypiea arc, claims to be "god", but does he claim to be A god like

Thor from the Marvel comic book franchise or does he claim to

be THE God, the one that Muslims and Christians pray to ?

And is he what he claims to be ?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:04 pm Reply with quote
The title of the ruler of Skypiea is "God". It has nothing to do with being powerful per se, though the two people who we're shown with that title, Enel and Gan Fall, are both pretty powerful. So, the answer to your question is "neither one".
Lone_Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I know that "god" is just the title that is given to the one who rules Skypiea, And I know

that in one of the episodes Gan Fail says to Enel that the title "god" is only a title for

the ruler of Skypiea, but in the Skypiea arc Enel keeps referring to himself as god and

he keeps saying "I am god". So my main question is this:

Is Enel an actual god ?

And if he is, is A god like Thor from the Marvel comic book franchise or is he

THE God, the one that Muslims and Christians in real life pray to as well as the one that

all the characters in the One Piece universe pray to ?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:05 am Reply with quote
Enel is not a god. He's a person who has eaten the Goro Goro no Mi fruit (the Rumble-Rumble fruit). He has also learned various "mantra" which have given him additional god-like powers. He appears to think of himself as a god, and most people are scared enough of him not to argue with him about it.

So far as I know, no actual gods have been introduced in One Piece as of yet. The "Sea Devil" that the Devil Fruits are said to come from might be some sort of god, but very little has been said about it so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2