• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete's English Trailer Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quote
Did that trailer actually say "COMPLETELY RE-RENDERED FOR BLU-RAY HIGH DEFINITION" ????? (4 secs in)

Is that a fact...? Or is it marketing BULLSHIT that really means they upscaled the old scenes? If so then that trailer is flat out lying to you! But I'd love to be wrong! I'll wait to hear some actual reviews of the NA version. There's no way I'm wasting money on a half assed product like this, and I love the movie!

Quote:
People wanted the demo, not a trailer. A trailer can be accessed easily online, and still for free. Why do they keep removing any decent extra for American releases?

My guess is that to release a demo here they'd want to localize it so people can actually play the game in english. At the very least the menus, buttons and subtitles should be in English even if the voice acting is original Japanese... but they're likely not that far along to do it.

But even if they were Square has flat out said that because FFXIII is also releasing on the Xbox 360 and they've hardly gotten anywhere on getting it running on there yet, it would be unfair to let PS3 owners get the demo while the 360 owners don't, but it probably just means they can't do any promotion/demo stuff for PS3 in North American because their contract with Microsoft is not allowing them to.

As far as content goes, it's also a shame tha they again missed the boat to include LAST ORDER: FF7. I really don't know why we can get the Denzil short but not that???
Zoe

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quote
omegaviper wrote:
Confused huh? i have had the dual audio 1080p of FFVII complete for a awhile now and I have the On The Way To A Smile Denzel anime which comes with it. what's up with this trailer as if it's not out.

Because it's not out yet. Unless you bought the Japanese version, you have a pirated rip.

Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Also, anyone that says 1080p Blu-Ray is awesome....learn to understand that any 1080p for FFVII Advent Children is merely an upscale as in 2006 we didn't have 1080p around yet.....not to mention that many people probably don't even have monitors to output 1080p.

1080p was definitely around in 2006 Laughing

And what resolution do you think theatrical movies are filmed/rendered at?
russ869

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I liked that short Quinton Flynn voiceover. He is awesome!

Seeing as how I do have a 1080p TV and a PS3 this is a required purchase.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Tatsu: The 360 don't have BR, because it would cost more, and the company already has to pay off the people it ripped off with its defective hardware.

Anyway, the whole region-blocking crap didn't work with games any more than movies, so [expletive] over 360 owners in Japan is just going to result in shooting yourself in the foot, Billy Boy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2