• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dear Moderators and users:

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Particularly since it's not like we're asking you to write a thesis or 30 page essay. A couple sentences to actually explain your position or why your picks are what they are isn't going to kill you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quote
AmpersandsUnited wrote:
ANN's bad is everytime you post it feels like you're navigating a mine field Razz Never know when you'll set one off and it'll get destroyed.

Only if you don't bother to read the rules.

Without question, ANN is a more structured environment than most forums. If that's not what you prefer then that's perfectly fine. However, there's really nothing confusing or remotely difficult about what you're expected to do when posting here.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Particularly since it's not like we're asking you to write a thesis or 30 page essay. A couple sentences to actually explain your position or why your picks are what they are isn't going to kill you.

This is what gets me. The fact that so many complain about stuff being locked or moderated when all that is needed is a MODICUM of intelligence. Just a few sentences is all that is needed. Not a doctorate thesis or super long theological discussion on the meaning of life. Just 2-3 sentences that SOMEWHAT makes sense and is on topic. Hell IMHO the intelligence and topic related amount required in a post now has gone DOWN to when I was first active. I personally think posters have MORE leeway now. I know that may be hard for many to fathom or agree with but I have been here longer then most now a days. When Zac was more active in a moderator capacity and when Nagisa/Selenta were active they were harder in the past I think. Maybe it's just my old mind losing grip with reality.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2